+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Conversation

Recent Conversation

Other guy: I’ll be supporting England in the world cup.
    Me: Why? You’re a rugby fan.
    Other guy: Yes, but we’re all British, and even though I’m a rugby fan, I like football and support Chelsea, so it’s England for me.
    Me: Do you support England in the rugby world cup?
    Other guy: No fcukin’ way. I’d never support them in rugby.
    Me: But you said we’re all British.
    Other guy: Yes, but rugby’s different.
    Me: Why?
    Other guy: Well no one in Wales should support England at rugby, we never do.
    Me: So during this world cup, when England play Belgium, you’ll be supporting England?
    Other guy: Yes.
    Me: But you support England because you’re a Chelsea fan?
    Me: But Belgium have more Chelsea players than England.

Re: Recent Conversation

He sounds like a dope but being honest I find the football team much easier to like than the rugby team. I wouldn't support england but I wouldn't be disappointed if they win the world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Other guy: I’ll be supporting England in the world cup.
    Me: Why? You’re a rugby fan.
    Other guy: Yes, but we’re all British, and even though I’m a rugby fan, I like football and support Chelsea, so it’s England for me.
    Me: Do you support England in the rugby world cup?
    Other guy: No fcukin’ way. I’d never support them in rugby.
    Me: But you said we’re all British.
    Other guy: Yes, but rugby’s different.
    Me: Why?
    Other guy: Well no one in Wales should support England at rugby, we never do.
    Me: So during this world cup, when England play Belgium, you’ll be supporting England?
    Me: But you support England because you’re a Chelsea fan?
    Me: But Belgium have more Chelsea players than England.

Have any of those Belgium players, played against Cardiff City?

Let people support who they want, there's nothing wrong with wanting England to do well if your Welsh, or in wanting them to lose. Or indeed wanting them to do well AND then taking the piss when they lose to Sweden.

Also what applies in one sport doesn't necessarily apply in another.

I want England to do well as I believe the English wanted us to do well in football as long as we are not playing each other. Not a scientific statement but my opinion is based on the fact that when Wales were playing in the euro semis I was on a cruise and the bar was full of probably 95% England supporters and they were all cheering for Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I want England to do well as I believe the English wanted us to do well in football as long as we are not playing each other. Not a scientific statement but my opinion is based on the fact that when Wales were playing in the euro semis I was on a cruise and the bar was full of probably 95% England supporters and they were all cheering for Wales.
    My English mates were all fully behind Wales in Euro 2016 and wanted Wales to do well until that video was leaked showing the Welsh team celebrating England's defeat to Iceland, then they got a bit of the hump and now keep reminding me of how we failed to qualify again for the World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Let people support who they want, there's nothing wrong with wanting England to do well if your Welsh, or in wanting them to lose. Or indeed wanting them to do well AND then taking the piss when they lose to Sweden.

Also what applies in one sport doesn't necessarily apply in another.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Have any of those Belgium players, played against Cardiff City?
    Yes.

Why?
    Personnel, history, supporters, management.....

Yes.
    Frédéric Gounongbe ?

Today has been the turning point for me. I work in England but for a multi-national company, we have 20+ different (global) nationalities, so it's been banter up to this point and the usual piss taking.

However, the comments, confidence, arrogence and mood has discernably changed in the last couple of days, to the point where the English need knocking off their perch.

My future daughter in law is Swedish, so come on the turnips.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Today has been the turning point for me. I work in England but for a multi-national company, we have 20+ different (global) nationalities, so it's been banter up to this point and the usual piss taking.

However, the comments, confidence, arrogence and mood has discernably changed in the last couple of days, to the point where the English need knocking off their perch.

It might ruin the taste.

Yup, they’re back to arrogance. Come on the Swedes 🇸🇪

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Yup, they’re back to arrogance. Come on the Swedes ����
    I don't see it. They're supporting the team, but most of them seem to accept that even if they lose the quarter final it's been a good tournament for them - which would be one big win in the group stages, a knockout stage win and a penalty shootout win.

They're back to their old ways, come on Sweden!

Why?
    Because people are different.

Snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Snowflake
    Cornflake!

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Frédéric Gounongbe ?
    Hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't see it. They're supporting the team, but most of them seem to accept that even if they lose the quarter final it's been a good tournament for them - which would be one big win in the group stages, a knockout stage win and a penalty shootout win.
    The last two are the same win.

Its a done deal. Sweden are rubbish. Russia and Croatia are nothing special. We're in the final. Its anyone's game. England for the world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Its a done deal. Sweden are rubbish. Russia and Croatia are nothing special. We're in the final. Its anyone's game. England for the world cup.
    I'd quite like to see what Modric would do with all the space that England's midfield would give him.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The last two are the same win.
    If they get beaten by the Swedes you can add a victory against a team playing in yellow to the list of wins - that will make FIVE at this World Cup! Well done Sir Gareth!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Personnel, history, supporters, management.....
    Am I allowed to support England in the rugby world cup then?

Am I allowed to support England in the rugby world cup then?
    Anyone can want whoever they want to win, there are no support police