+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dominic Booth

Dominic Booth

Has anyone been following this on Twitter?

Personally I think it's pathetic that people would try to get the guy sacked for a couple of tweets about us poor Welsh people!

Stop playing the victim ffs and get a grip. Dragging up tweets from years ago to try and get him sacked basically because England are in the quarter final and we're not is embarrassing.

I'm not particularly a fan of his journalism but I ****ing hate witch hunts even more. Pathetic.

Re: Dominic Booth

What have I missed Gringo? His Twitter account is closed?

Bit of banter is ok but some people are pathetic, if you look at kanu turn giving it the big one yet got Swedish flags everywhere

I believe it originated from him saying that he doesn't understand why some hard-core Welsh fans want England to lose so much and I think he said something like most Welsh people would like to see England do well.

After that people have dug out his tweets from as far as 7 years ago to prove he "hates" Welsh people etc. Now they want him to lose his job by copying in Wales online etc.

I just find the whole thing pathetic. I don't particularly want England to win the world cup but I'm not jealous enough to start Grassing on someone to their employer to get them sacked and affect their livelihood.

People can say it's nothing to do with England doing well bit that is bollocks if you ask me. It was ok (banter) when our players celebrated the demise of England in 2016 but now they're all touchy when the shoe is on the other foot.

Deary me, Cheers Gringo, I must lead a sheltered life, all this has passed me by!

It's just the irony of the whole thing. He doesn't seem to understand why the Welsh were supporting Colombia. Jump back two years and he was actively hoping Wales would be knocked out of the Euros (which is fair enough, until you're paid to cover Welsh football).

His comments on women's football were not all that clever, either.

He kept on biting last night, it was a bit odd; such as saying how he always supported Wales and Welsh people should do the same, when before the Belgium game he tweeted "why should I support Wales, call me bitter if you like". Fair enough but I don't see why he's so keen that Welsh people get behind England. He's written articles on it and then goes round tweeting people about it.

Anyone trying to get someone sacked though, is a total tosser. Having a poke and whatever on twitter is fine but taking it further is way too far. I don't like the guy and he's got a habit of telling people how to feel but trying to effectively ruin someone's life because they're English and work for a Welsh paper is frankly laughable.

He's just not a very good journalist; unfortunately.

I can remember one article that he penned about who was most culpable for our poor start to the season, a few weeks into Trollope's reign. Seemed to love any piece of negativity about the club and thrive on it.

Agree pulling out tweets from years ago is childish.

It was shame Phil Smith (I think that's his name) left. He was really good to be fair and knew his football.

I take it he isn't Welsh?

https://twitter.com/search?q=DomBooth19

Must admit that some of the comments from him on there annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

What a ridiculous thing to put on your social media when you work for a welsh paper 🤦🏻*♂️ I wouldn’t want him to be sacked but he’s going to be sweating this morning I bet

No, he's a Man United fan from Macclesfield. He pretends to support Macc because he got loads of grief on twitter for laying into Welsh fans who didn't want Giggs.

I see he's apologised.

https://twitter.com/DomBooth19

I see he's apologised.

https://twitter.com/DomBooth19
    At least it's an actual apology admitting it was wrong, as opposed to the usual I apologise for any offence.

Fair play to him for apologising, how old is he? We all stay stupid shit when we are kids.

Poor lad already has that giant head to cope with without worrying about losing his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    No, he's a Man United fan from Macclesfield. He pretends to support Macc because he got loads of grief on twitter for laying into Welsh fans who didn't want Giggs.
    Fair enough then, I suppose that makes some of what he said more understandable.

He called out specific people, if you can't take it don't dish it out

He won't get sacked, an official apology and everyone will be on their way

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    He's just not a very good journalist; unfortunately.

I can remember one article that he penned about who was most culpable for our poor start to the season, a few weeks into Trollope's reign. Seemed to love any piece of negativity about the club and thrive on it.

Agree pulling out tweets from years ago is childish.
    Isn't he the one who writes the "clickbait" articles?

Sorry mate but if he tried to pull the kind of stunts hes been pulling on twitter if he wrote for an Italian paper for example he would be getting a lot worse than people calling for him to be sacked.

Personally, I wouldnt want him to be sacked, but hes been acting a complete and utter twat on twitter all tournament, goading the very people his journalism should be try to attract (Welsh football fans!) and karma has come to bite him on the arse big time.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I believe it originated from him saying that he doesn't understand why some hard-core Welsh fans want England to lose so much and I think he said something like most Welsh people would like to see England do well.

After that people have dug out his tweets from as far as 7 years ago to prove he "hates" Welsh people etc. Now they want him to lose his job by copying in Wales online etc.

I just find the whole thing pathetic. I don't particularly want England to win the world cup but I'm not jealous enough to start Grassing on someone to their employer to get them sacked and affect their livelihood.

People can say it's nothing to do with England doing well bit that is bollocks if you ask me. It was ok (banter) when our players celebrated the demise of England in 2016 but now they're all touchy when the shoe is on the other foot.
    Hes been shown up to be a massive hypocrite. I couldnt give a f*ck that England are doing well, they aint gonna win it, no chance, but that nauseus twat, along with Abbandanto, telling us we should supporting them is getting on my wick.

**** him. And whoever that twat was from the Rhondda who wrote the article about why we should be supporting England.

The Welsh media shouldnt be encouraging us to support another country. Weve had the Principlaity Stadium, and now the biggest media outlet in the country championing that we support them. WTF?!?!?

If Media Wales were championing us supporting Swansea in the PL, or vice versa, we would have enough to say. Asking little ol Wales to support England just because we are not in the WC is no different. Absolute bollocks.

I'd rather see him move on for the quality of his articles rather than his childish tweets to be honest.

Walesonline must recognise though that when they are the national paper/website of Wales and only employ a couple of football reporters, and one of them clearly doesn't give a shit about Wales and its people, it's not going to help with their hits/sales. For weeks, Dominic Booth has been telling us who we should be supporting at the World Cup, whilst in the past suggesting we should not be speaking our own language, what sports our women can play and whether we are even a country in the first place. The best football reporters in Wales over the past decades have had a good rapport with fans and are able to demonstrate that they genuinely care about Welsh football - this guy doens't have a chance in either respect.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hes been shown up to be a massive hypocrite. I couldnt give a f*ck that England are doing well, they aint gonna win it, no chance, but that nauseus twat, along with Abbandanto, telling us we should supporting them is getting on my wick.

**** him. And whoever that twat was from the Rhondda who wrote the article about why we should be supporting England.

The Welsh media shouldnt be encouraging us to support another country. Weve had the Principlaity Stadium, and now the biggest media outlet in the country championing that we support them. WTF?!?!?

If Media Wales were championing us supporting Swansea in the PL, or vice versa, we would have enough to say. Asking little ol Wales to support England just because we are not in the WC is no different. Absolute bollocks.

Perhaps they asked because three of the players in the Welsh team who scored against Belgium are English

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Fair play to him for apologising, how old is he? We all stay stupid shit when we are kids.

Poor lad already has that giant head to cope with without worrying about losing his job.
    He said the other day he was born in 93. It was while making a point about Wales v England not being a traditional fixture since they've not played against each other much since he was born.

He's from the clickbait generation of hacks so perhaps his comments from a few years ago were just trying to be funny/clever/provocative. His apology for those seems genuine. Some of life's lessons are a kick in the bollocks rather than a gentle epiphany so he'll be wearing an ice pack in his pants today. I don't follow his writing but on the bootroom he seems okay.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Spot on