+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CLUB STATEMENT

CLUB STATEMENT

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ment-06-07-18/

Remember when these things always used to bring more bad news...

Re: CLUB STATEMENT

Someone’s shirt is going to be really badly ironed today

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Wales on line

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...t-tan-14872242

Great news

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    It is really excellent news - but that BBC report is surely cobblers! Vincent Tan did not convert £68m of debt to equity in February 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post

Great news
    Will BIS ever post on here again ?

(Probably under another user name 😀)

This'll bring the anti-Tan rats out of their holes.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    This'll bring the anti-Tan rats out of their holes.
    ... and anti-Tan spiders ...

Great news

As someone who has been very critical of Vincent Tan in the past, I have to acknowledge that with this large debt to equity conversion, which I, for one, had given up on seeing, Mr Tan has I believe fulfilled all of the "sweeteners" offered at the time of the rebrand apart from building a new training ground - is one really necessary? I've never believed it was.
    So, we've got virtually everything that was promised back in 2012 and we are back playing in blue - brilliant!
    Vincent Tan backed down when it came to the rebrand and he could easily have left the club very much in the lurch financially, the fact that, far from doing that, he has continued to support the club in the manner he has done and now has come through on his debt to equity commitment means that this one time critic has to say thank you very much Vincent Tan, I hope you are able to enjoy next season by being at many of our games in person - I'm sure you'll get a great welcome.

Tremendous gesture, he probably could have folded the club by walkng away.
    With the debt now at reasonable levels and by being in the premiership we can look forward to financial stability probably for years to come.
    Brilliant news

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As someone who has been very critical of Vincent Tan in the past, I have to acknowledge that with this large debt to equity conversion, which I, for one, had given up on seeing, Mr Tan has I believe fulfilled all of the "sweeteners" offered at the time of the rebrand apart from building a new training ground - is one really necessary? I've never believed it was.
    So, we've got virtually everything that was promised back in 2012 and we are back playing in blue - brilliant!
    Vincent Tan backed down when it came to the rebrand and he could easily have left the club very much in the lurch financially, the fact that, far from doing that, he has continued to support the club in the manner he has done and now has come through on his debt to equity commitment means that this one time critic has to say thank you very much Vincent Tan, I hope you are able to enjoy next season by being at many of our games in person - I'm sure you'll get a great welcome.

If we spend wisely this season, we could , just could, be in the Black for the first time since Grogan

Absolutely brilliant news and one that many of us hoped for when VT first became involved with the club i.e. a financially stable and viable Club. Regardless of some of the fears about the changes VT would make following his initial discussions with fans and the Club it transpires that the only contentious change that was made was the change to Red, and that has now been reversed. This makes the current situation about the best outcome I could possibly have hoped for.

As a balance to this, it is important to note that this outcome would not have happened without the protests that followed the change to Red so I'd like to think that all parts of the fanbase could feel vindicated in their actions. I know it's too late for some, but I'm hoping that this will mean a brilliant atmosphere this season as we try again to make something out of our Premier League adventure

Add tying in our quality players on long term deals the future is very rosy.
    If Ralls has signed as well , even better news

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Absolutely brilliant news and one that many of us hoped for when VT first became involved with the club i.e. a financially stable and viable Club. Regardless of some of the fears about the changes VT would make following his initial discussions with fans and the Club it transpires that the only contentious change that was made was the change to Red, and that has now been reversed. This makes the current situation about the best outcome I could possibly have hoped for.

As a balance to this, it is important to note that this outcome would not have happened without the protests that followed the change to Red so I'd like to think that all parts of the fanbase could feel vindicated in their actions. I know it's too late for some, but I'm hoping that this will mean a brilliant atmosphere this season as we try again to make something out of our Premier League adventure
    Fair comment in your last paragraph, but, while I accept that some supporters who would have considered themselves to be diehards before May 2012 are never going to come back, I'd like to think that there will also be stayaways who will reconsider their stance. Mr Tan has admitted he was wrong about the rebrand and now we are in a situation where our owner must have converted 100 million of pounds of debt into equity - he has delivered on all but one of the promises made six years ago and we have been back playing in blue for years. Of course, things will have moved on for some and they will not feel the same way about the club, but if someone is still boycotting games as a protest, what grounds do they have now for continuing to do so?

Don’t you mean Brain?

BuT wHaT ABouT dEbT tO eqUItY

Fantastic news. Not only have we swapped places with the Jacks on the field, we’ve swapped places with them off the field.

What an amazing few years. I’ve bookmarked some threads from the Jacks, he who laughs last etc

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba.../133272/page:1

“Just goes to show the value of a stable set of shareholders and directors at the helm of any club. I do hope if there is any change at SCFC that those seeking to cash out ensure through proper due diligence regarding the buyers and putting protections in place so that such a scenario couldn't happen in the future under any new owners ...”

“What IS he up to with that shower of sh1t? he clearly does not have a long term commitment - why would he? - and he isn't a fool, even though he sometimes acts like one, so how will he cash out? Is it all on a hope that they will make it back this season? he's gambled £150m on Russell Slade.....actually...he is probably just a fool.”

“It's never about the club repaying it though. Although, if they sink and have no realistic prospect of reaching the dizzy heights of 20th in the PL again, then he'll at least get some back by liquidating the club.””

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Only problem with this is, we didn't WIN any games he attended last season !!!!!

Only joking mun

Suffice to say excellent news and thank you Mr Tan!!!!!

Only one question about this - is there anything stopping him getting "Cardiff City Holdings" to buy the shares off him for more than he paid for them, thus making a profit and leaving the club high and dry?