+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CLUB STATEMENT

Re: CLUB STATEMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Wow even Sludge is happy today
    If that’s true Mr Gammon then happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Understatement of the century.
    In Dalman, and Ken Choo, finally Tan has people he can trust on the business side, and people the football side can work with.

I know Warnock gets all the plaudits, but I dont think it should be under estimated the part those pair played in bringin stability to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yep that’s him
    A worm would have been more apt that a giraffe

I don’t know he’s got some neck showing his face in this thread

I don’t know he’s got some neck showing his face in this thread

Excellent news

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    And even further thanks to Mr Tan for employing NW in the first place, so enabling Mr Tan to do the promised thing. PS We couldnt do the 'promised thing' in the Championship due to FFP and other regulations. (Didnt want to disappoint anyone by not responding).
    More thanks to Ken Choo I think as has been mentioned by others here. If it were up to Vincent we'd have another OGS. Not sure how FFP regulations affect money already given to the club. I'm sure you can enlighten me though? VT is a businessman, there's bound to be some upside moneywise. Maybe the shareholder dividends will be greater than the interest payments?

Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post
    More thanks to Ken Choo I think as has been mentioned by others here. If it were up to Vincent we'd have another OGS. Not sure how FFP regulations affect money already given to the club. I'm sure you can enlighten me though? VT is a businessman, there's bound to be some upside moneywise. Maybe the shareholder dividends will be greater than the interest payments?
    I'm sure you can find out yourself as it's all online and has been discussed to death on here.

Whilst this seems like an excellent gesture from Mr Tan, you've got to wonder whether this would have happened if we'd still been in the Championship this coming season, without the revenue streams that will now be on tap.

Excellent news and further thanks to NW for enabling Mr Tan to do the promised thing.

Your not BIS/Jirga are you?

Who cares if it would have happened or not if we were in the Championship, VT has paid off £70m

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The contrast between this summer, and the last time we were in the Prem is staggering.

We are signing young, hungry players instead of mercenaries
    Tieing down our good players on longer contracts
    Weve got the best kit weve had in years
    Clubs sorting out the debt, whilst also giving NW a sizeable kitty
    Clubs engaging with supporters and everyones pulling in the same direction
    Neil Warnock > Malky Mckay
    Ken Choo > Simon Lim

It really is an unbelievable good feel about our club at the moment.

"But, but, but we have red seats, and he once called us replaceable customers"

Oh piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Your not BIS/Jirga are you?,

Who cares if it would have happened or not if we were in the Championship, VT has paid off £70m
    With four posts?.... I smell something fishy

It’s definitely him

It’s definitely him
    He's a weird creature. Made all the more bizarre by the fact that before he seemed a decent guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I'm sure you can find out yourself as it's all online and has been discussed to death on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Your not BIS/Jirga are you?

I have just read searched through threads here and found a link to the EFL rules regarding contributions from Equity Participants and I no longer wonder why he didn't do it before. I guess I've stood on a land mine of ignorance here. Apologies for opening old wounds.

I'm neither of those two. I used to post under the name Rhydal(same avatar, I'm 6'8" anyone who sits in 115/116 will have seen me) but locked myself out of my account a while back and just checked in for things like transfer news and the like until recently.

As I said it's excellent news that he kept his promise, but let's not kid ourselves that VT has suddenly stumped up circa £70m. The reality is that he's made a paper transaction which means he's no longer the owner of a club who owe him what? £150m of debt with championship income, he's now got £90m+ sunk into a club with a debt of £50m odd and Premier League income of £150m+ pa. and could now pay dividends because he's buying cheap and getting full houses every week. The interest payments were why he was here, now it will be dividends or sell on value or suchlike.

He's a businessman, not someone for whom the City has been a part of their life for 40+ years like myself. He's what City needed at the time he arrived and I thank him for saving us from the Riddler and bankruptcy, building a new stadium and taking us the promised land, twice.

I guess the upside for us is that if we go straight back down and stay there, he'll be in a worse place. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

I feel as though I may have just rambled a bit. Had a few Bows outside the Cottage lunchtime in the sun. Life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The contrast between this summer, and the last time we were in the Prem is staggering.

We are signing young, hungry players instead of mercenaries
    Tieing down our good players on longer contracts
    Weve got the best kit weve had in years
    Clubs sorting out the debt, whilst also giving NW a sizeable kitty
    Clubs engaging with supporters and everyones pulling in the same direction
    Neil Warnock > Malky Mckay
    Ken Choo > Simon Lim

It really is an unbelievable good feel about our club at the moment.

"But, but, but we have red seats, and he once called us replaceable customers"

Oh piss off.
    Pretty much all of the core of the squad has signed new deals, bar Bamba and Zohore who have two years left. Can only be good news that we're keeping the promotion team together and adding players like Reid, Murphy etc.

Excellent excellent news. Thanks VT and enjoy your next visit to Cardiff.

Let’s not goad those who may still have strong anti VT feeings based on what happened 6 years ago. We’re getting the club we wanted and that we could only have dreamed of a few short years ago.

I have just read searched through threads here and found a link to the EFL rules regarding contributions from Equity Participants and I no longer wonder why he didn't do it before. I guess I've stood on a land mine of ignorance here. Apologies for opening old wounds.

I'm neither of those two. I used to post under the name Rhydal(same avatar, I'm 6'8" anyone who sits in 115/116 will have seen me) but locked myself out of my account a while back and just checked in for things like transfer news and the like until recently.

As I said it's excellent news that he kept his promise, but let's not kid ourselves that VT has suddenly stumped up circa £70m. The reality is that he's made a paper transaction which means he's no longer the owner of a club who owe him what? £150m of debt with championship income, he's now got £90m+ sunk into a club with a debt of £50m odd and Premier League income of £150m+ pa. and could now pay dividends because he's buying cheap and getting full houses every week. The interest payments were why he was here, now it will be dividends or sell on value or suchlike.

He's a businessman, not someone for whom the City has been a part of their life for 40+ years like myself. He's what City needed at the time he arrived and I thank him for saving us from the Riddler and bankruptcy, building a new stadium and taking us the promised land, twice.

I guess the upside for us is that if we go straight back down and stay there, he'll be in a worse place. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

I feel as though I may have just rambled a bit. Had a few Bows outside the Cottage lunchtime in the sun. Life is good.
    Are you Stretch ? Or Mr B G ?

International

"As I said it's excellent news that he kept his promise, but let's not kid ourselves that VT has suddenly stumped up circa £70m. The reality is that he's made a paper transaction which means he's no longer the owner of a club who owe him what? £150m of debt with championship income, he's now got £90m+ sunk into a club with a debt of £50m odd and Premier League income of £150m+ pa. and could now pay dividends because he's buying cheap and getting full houses every week. The interest payments were why he was here, now it will be dividends or sell on value or suchlike".

Which interest payments would they be the, Mr giraffe?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He's a weird creature. Made all the more bizarre by the fact that before he seemed a decent guy!
    Gifaffe is not me you paranoid freak.

Someone’s shirt is going to be really badly ironed today
    Fair play, it takes a special kind of special to greet good news like this (seems to be) with a comment like this. No wonder everyone is flocking to Colonel Fvckwit's board.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Fair play, it takes a special kind of special to greet good news like this (seems to be) with a comment like this. No wonder everyone is flocking to Colonel Fvckwit's board.
    out..............pram..................toys

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    out..............pram..................toys
    Talking of special kinds of special...

Well done to you on finally getting a debt free club six years after it was first promised. Although, as with all things Tan, the devil will be in the detail (either that, or he is preparing to exit stage left).

What, no mention of VT's trousers or moustache !!. Saying 'good news' is high praise indeed from you apart from the back handed 'seems to be' - you just couldnt resist could you.

It isn’t weird, debt has been converted to equity and you’ve not shut up about it for 5 years. You’re like Pavlov’s mong ffs

He hasnt 'stumped up' £70m - he has basically given it away. He is also still the owner because he holds the vast majority of the available shares. He has not been taking interest payments on the debt the club owes him and has been bank rolling the club for the last six years. How any of that can be seen in a negative light is beyond me. The rest of your figures are a bit confusing sorry.