Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post
I have just read searched through threads here and found a link to the EFL rules regarding contributions from Equity Participants and I no longer wonder why he didn't do it before. I guess I've stood on a land mine of ignorance here. Apologies for opening old wounds.

I'm neither of those two. I used to post under the name Rhydal(same avatar, I'm 6'8" anyone who sits in 115/116 will have seen me) but locked myself out of my account a while back and just checked in for things like transfer news and the like until recently.

As I said it's excellent news that he kept his promise, but let's not kid ourselves that VT has suddenly stumped up circa £70m. The reality is that he's made a paper transaction which means he's no longer the owner of a club who owe him what? £150m of debt with championship income, he's now got £90m+ sunk into a club with a debt of £50m odd and Premier League income of £150m+ pa. and could now pay dividends because he's buying cheap and getting full houses every week. The interest payments were why he was here, now it will be dividends or sell on value or suchlike.

He's a businessman, not someone for whom the City has been a part of their life for 40+ years like myself. He's what City needed at the time he arrived and I thank him for saving us from the Riddler and bankruptcy, building a new stadium and taking us the promised land, twice.

I guess the upside for us is that if we go straight back down and stay there, he'll be in a worse place. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

I feel as though I may have just rambled a bit. Had a few Bows outside the Cottage lunchtime in the sun. Life is good.
He hasnt 'stumped up' £70m - he has basically given it away. He is also still the owner because he holds the vast majority of the available shares. He has not been taking interest payments on the debt the club owes him and has been bank rolling the club for the last six years. How any of that can be seen in a negative light is beyond me. The rest of your figures are a bit confusing sorry.