+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CLUB STATEMENT

Re: CLUB STATEMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Fair play, it takes a special kind of special to greet good news like this (seems to be) with a comment like this. No wonder everyone is flocking to Colonel Fvckwit's board.

Yoohoo

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    And even further thanks to Mr Tan for employing NW in the first place, so enabling Mr Tan to do the promised thing. PS We couldnt do the 'promised thing' in the Championship due to FFP and other regulations. (Didnt want to disappoint anyone by not responding).
    Yes, the very manager who many were saying Tan wouldn’t employ because he’s not a ‘yes man’

I've never hated or disliked him in any shape or form ,best owner we have ever or will have ,thank you Vincent Tan for making my club proud and great again .

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    BuT wHaT ABouT dEbT tO eqUItY

Talking of special kinds of special...

Well done to you on finally getting a debt free club six years after it was first promised. Although, as with all things Tan, the devil will be in the detail (either that, or he is preparing to exit stage left).
    Probably take 6+ years for you to find that evidence you promised

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    If we spend wisely this season, we could , just could, be in the Black for the first time since Grogan
    We want to stay in blue, not another kit change

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The contrast between this summer, and the last time we were in the Prem is staggering.

We are signing young, hungry players instead of mercenaries
    Tieing down our good players on longer contracts
    Weve got the best kit weve had in years
    Clubs sorting out the debt, whilst also giving NW a sizeable kitty
    Clubs engaging with supporters and everyones pulling in the same direction
    Neil Warnock > Malky Mckay
    Ken Choo > Simon Lim

It really is an unbelievable good feel about our club at the moment.

"But, but, but we have red seats, and he once called us replaceable customers"

Oh piss off.
    The red seats are for when wales play

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    out..............pram..................toys
    The guy has no backbone and now it appears he’s a liar as well🙄

Are you Stretch ? Or Mr B G ?
    If Stretch is the the guy who drinks with the Trotters cricket Club, then I have met him, but he's not me. Dunno who BG is.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Which interest payments would they be the, Mr giraffe?
    The ones he wrote off of course. ;)

He hasnt 'stumped up' £70m - he has basically given it away. He is also still the owner because he holds the vast majority of the available shares. He has not been taking interest payments on the debt the club owes him and has been bank rolling the club for the last six years. How any of that can be seen in a negative light is beyond me. The rest of your figures are a bit confusing sorry.
    This was part in response to this...
    VT has paid off £70m
    I don't think I was particularly negative. Just keeping a healthy scepticism. Sam Hammam was seen as a Messiah by a section of supporters and I ain't one t get carried away.

As for the numbers, well who knows what's what until the accounts are lodged this year.

Fair play, it takes a special kind of special to greet good news like this (seems to be) with a comment like this. No wonder everyone is flocking to Colonel Fvckwit's board.
    You are one strange person

Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post
    If Stretch is the the guy who drinks with the Trotters cricket Club, then I have met him, but he's not me. Dunno who BG is.

The ones he wrote off of course. ;)

This was part in response to this...

I don't think I was particularly negative. Just keeping a healthy scepticism. Sam Hammam was seen as a Messiah by a section of supporters and I ain't one t get carried away.

As for the numbers, well who knows what's what until the accounts are lodged this year.
    a). You cant write off interest payments that you are not charging in the first place. b). The club statement appears detailed and clear enough to me. c). Scepticism isnt necessarily healthy.

a). You cant write off interest payments that you are not charging in the first place. b). The club statement appears detailed and clear enough to me. c). Scepticism isnt necessarily healthy.
    a)From the trust's review of the 31st May 2017 accounts...

'It should be noted that no interest was paid on the debt due to the club`s owner in the year, all interest accruing (at a stated rate of 7% p.a. on part of the debt) being waived by him and therefore becoming non-payable. This resulted in a saving to the club of approximately £2m in interest charges for the year ended May 31, 2017.'

We have been charged interest on all debt above, I believe, £50m which has then been waived. My guess would be there's a tax write off somewhere in there but I'm not an expert.

b)I never questioned it, I guess now that the amount outstanding is around the £50m mark, no interest will be chargeable going forward. Yay.

c) I guess I've seen JFK too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Paul - you dont know if Im black or white or yellow. Gammon (again your favourite new word) doesnt really apply to me though or my son.

Only you would know if Sludge is happy 'andy' , why not ask yourself
    Go back to the politics board you creep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Paul - you dont know if Im black or white or yellow. Gammon (again your favourite new word) doesnt really apply to me though or my son.

Only you would know if Sludge is happy 'andy' , why not ask yourself
    Thanks for your invaluable contributions on yesterday's good news for City fans in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post
    a)From the trust's review of the 31st May 2017 accounts...

'It should be noted that no interest was paid on the debt due to the club`s owner in the year, all interest accruing (at a stated rate of 7% p.a. on part of the debt) being waived by him and therefore becoming non-payable. This resulted in a saving to the club of approximately £2m in interest charges for the year ended May 31, 2017.'

We have been charged interest on all debt above, I believe, £50m which has then been waived. My guess would be there's a tax write off somewhere in there but I'm not an expert.

b)I never questioned it, I guess now that the amount outstanding is around the £50m mark, no interest will be chargeable going forward. Yay.

c) I guess I've seen JFK too many times.
    The interest was written off as there was zero chance it would ever be paid.

It also meant that the clubs loss for the year of write off would be significantly reduced