Thread: 3 Matches Moved for Sky TV

3 City games on sky

Cardiff v Newcastle. 12.30pm Saturday - 18th Aug
    Cardiff v Arsenal. 1.30pm Sunday - 2nd Sep
    Cardiff v Burnley. 4 pm Sunday - 30th Sep

Re: 3 City games on sky

No games on BT

3 Matches Moved for Sky TV

Three of Cardiff City's home Premier League matches in August and September have been selected for live broadcast on Sky, resulting in the following amendments to dates and kick-off times.

Cardiff City's opening home match of the 2018/19 Premier League campaign against Newcastle United - originally scheduled for 3pm on Saturday 18th August 2018 - will now kick off at the earlier time of 12:30pm.

The Bluebirds begin the second month of the season with a home clash against Arsenal. The match at CCS will take place a day later than originally planned - kicking off at 1:30pm on Sunday 2nd September 2018.

Neil Warnock's men then see out the month by hosting Burnley in the Welsh capital. This fixture has also been moved back one day, now taking place at 4pm on Sunday 30th September 2018.

Re: 3 Matches Moved for Sky TV

Ffs 2 early kick offs already

Are the fixtures after new year likely to be moved or is it just these 3 ?

My Sunday tickets MAY be going spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Are the fixtures after new year likely to be moved or is it just these 3 ?
    They have only announced fixture moves for Aug / Sep. Any fixture from October onward could be changed

Delighted with the Newcastle game, irrespective of timing. I'm now guaranteed a seat.

I bet the Newcastle fans who like to travel are pissed off.

The Newcastle fans who like to watch on TV are ecstatic they can legitimately start on the ale earlier in the day.

Moving fixtures is a disaster for those of us who have already booked hotels. In future I shall wait for the Sky announcement before making arrangements for visiting Cardiff.

Do the club get additional money for being on Sky ?

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Do the club get additional money for being on Sky ?
    Yes think it's £100k per home game, someone will correct the number if wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Yes think it's £100k per home game, someone will correct the number if wrong
    I think that maybe for Championship.

In the Premier League it’s over 10x that and you are guaranteed to be paid for 10 TV appeances even if you are shown less

Facility fees

Facility fees are based on how many of each club’s games were selected and aired on live TV.

To even things out, every side gets a guaranteed £12,312,666, even if fewer than ten of their games were chosen for live TV. The rest get an extra £1,129,879 for each game over ten.

For example, Huddersfield had under ten matches on live TV and so collected the £12,312,666, however Manchester United ended up with £32,650,495 as they had an extra 18 matches shown live.

These changes are brilliant. Flying to Spain 19/8 so am early kick off on the 18th is perfect, I was worried it might be moved to the Sunday. Fly back landing 11.20 on 2/9 so a quick dash to the CCS for the arsenal game... Result