+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pre-Season Day 1

Pre-Season Day 1

Interesting to watch the Day 1 clips (and Warnock interview) on the club site.

Greg Halford and Liam Feeney both fully involved.

I assume they are getting fit whilst trying to find another club, but maybe there is more to it than that?

It wouldn't have surprised me to see Warnock try to keep a spine of back-up players that he trusts and set standards in training that are 'his type'. Murphy and Connolly fit that description, as do Pilks and Halford. Hard to see how there could be room in a 25 man squad for all of them - but Pilks still under contract, Murphy re-signed for a year, and Connolly got a contract extension!

Warnock made a comment about fans wanting some players out (was partly in relation to Gunnar verbally committing to another year) and saying he reads bits on the messageboards. But also saying that unless you are on the inside you cannot appreciate how important some of the players are to the morale and culture of the squad.

Re: Pre-Season Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    But also saying that unless you are on the inside you cannot appreciate how important some of the players are to the morale and culture of the squad.
    I've got to say, I love that.