+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: SWEDEN 0 - 2 ENGLAND. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: SWEDEN 0 - 2 ENGLAND. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Because a lot of things that surround english sporting success are irritating, I suppose. You'll have to put up with them milking it for the next decade.

I'm being a bit obtuse. I hope they lose, as I do the Jacks. Nothing more.

That said, if you think they haven't had the easiest run to the semi's , you are being one-eyed. Wishing them best is one thing but ignoring the obvious because they are "a decent bunch of lads" is silly.
    I didn’t say they have had n easy run. On paper their half of the draw was the easier - anyone could see that, but that doesn’t take way from the fact that they’ve played quite well in my opinion. Good enough to beat 2 very competent teams

I was at the Euros and we only really played well in 2 games (Russia and Belgium) and we did have the easier side of the draw as well if you remember. If Joe Ralls was playing in centre midfield and Morrison at centre half would you want them to lose? I’m guessing so.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I didn’t say they have had n easy run. On paper their half of the draw was the easier - anyone could see that, but that doesn’t take way from the fact that they’ve played quite well in my opinion. Good enough to beat 2 very competent teams

I was at the Euros and we only really played well in 2 games (Russia and Belgium) and we did have the easier side of the draw as well if you remember. If Joe Ralls was playing in centre midfield and Morrison at centre half would you want them to lose? I’m guessing so.
    They are a country of 50 million people, where football is the main sport. I could go on but I think the relevance of comparisons can end there.

Technically, they didn’t beat Colombia. Did you honestly think Sweden looked competent?

Have you ever wanted the Jacks to lose in a game that didn’t involve Cardiff City?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    They are a country of 50 million people, where football is the main sport. I could go on but I think the relevance of comparisons can end there.

Technically, they didn’t beat Colombia. Did you honestly think Sweden looked competent?

Have you ever wanted the Jacks to lose in a game that didn’t involve Cardiff City?
    Every game

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Every game
    I suppose it's pretty normal to feel that way on occaision about your rival. I think that's what having a rival is kind of about.

But hey, go tell that to our resident second coming of Jesus Christ.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

If they were chosen for England in a World Cup game, I'd want Ralls to get sent off and Morrison to score 8 own goals.