+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Biased commentators

Biased commentators

Could be worse.

Re: Biased commentators

Everyone , including me, goes on about the biased commentary.

Just remember, you're watching tv channels that are essentially english. What would you expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Just remember, you're watching tv channels that are essentially english. What would you expect ?
    True - The English Broadcasting Corporation and Anglophobe Television.

At least we can rely on those nice folk at Sky to understand the difference between the UK and England. Oh, hang on.....

But German commentators have never fawned like lovesick teenagers over their national team in the way that many British commentators do.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

I thought BBC / ITV did Wales proud in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Could be worse.

I can remember seeing that about fifty years ago and cracking up laughing because it articulated thoughts that were forming in my mind at the time - in 1966 I can remember rushing out to my back garden to cry when Weber equalised in the last minute against England, four years later I wasn't too bothered either way about them losing to Brazil and West Germany and then three years after that I absolutely loved it when Poland, with their clown of a goalkeeper, knocked England out in the qualifying group.

Croatian winning penalty goes in - commentator's first reaction "And it's England (slight pause) versus Croatia in the semi final", not "And it's Croatia who go through (or play England)". Mentioning England had to be done first in a game where they weren't playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Croatian winning penalty goes in - commentator's first reaction "And it's England (slight pause) versus Croatia in the semi final", not "And it's Croatia who go through (or play England)". Mentioning England had to be done first in a game where they weren't playing.
    Noticed that aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    But German commentators have never fawned like lovesick teenagers over their national team in the way that many British commentators do.
    Ye. I can't imagine the germans being such plebs either.

......Whilst they might have got excited at times, I don't get the same sense of unbounded delusional grandeur and head inflation from the welsh press as I do from the english press , if that's what you mean by british.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I praised the commentators in the match thread for barely mentioning England and I stick by that, they were very good and, certainly when compared to others we could have been lumbered with, concentrated primarily on the matter at hand - a match that was a lot more watchable for the neutral than the one a few hours earlier had been.

I've got no problems with them being biased it's their own little opinion comments during games which is annoying.

Don't tell me what is being said out there as you have no idea whatsoever or keep moaning about things that have happened during the game.

Champion and McCoist have been probably the best commentators imo like McCoist pointed out last night England might be happy about the draw but don't forget Russia and Croatia will be just as happy having England, what really gets me is the constant mention of England during games that don't involve them and then every half time they start banging on about them ffs I'm watching Belgium Vs Brazil

Ye. I can't imagine the germans being such plebs either.

......Whilst they might have got excited at times, I don't get the same sense of unbounded delusional grandeur and head inflation from the welsh press as I do from the english press , if that's what you mean by british.
    Funnily enough, of the three journalist friends I have had over the years one was an English guy working in Wales and the other two were Welshmen working in England. One thing they had in common was coming up with stories and headlines that sell their newspaper or get listeners in on their radio stations. Hyperbole, controversy, hysteria and sheer fabrication were friends to one of them in selling his wares.

The French and Spanish commentators are pretty biased during their matches, I think it’s only natural isn’t it to support your home nation when they’re playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The French and Spanish commentators are pretty biased during their matches, I think it’s only natural isn’t it to support your home nation when they’re playing?
    Someone should tell that to Barry Horne!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Champion and McCoist have been probably the best commentators imo like McCoist pointed out last night England might be happy about the draw but don't forget Russia and Croatia will be just as happy having England, what really gets me is the constant mention of England during games that don't involve them and then every half time they start banging on about them ffs I'm watching Belgium Vs Brazil
    This pisses me off too.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Someone should tell that to Barry Horne!!

definitely he bigs up every single opponent we play and makes them all sound like the Brazil 70 side!!