+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff Bay today

Cardiff Bay today

Re: Cardiff Bay today

Embarassing

Feedback

I'm pretty sure they are English. Cardiff has a very high proportion of its population that are English.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    I'm pretty sure they are English. Cardiff has a very high proportion of its population that are English.
    I was reading some of the comments. People saying there was plenty of this pre 2016. It seems your memories of the semi-final has been forgotten

Welsh uncle toms :)

Is that Sludge I can see donning a half Liverpool/England shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I was reading some of the comments. People saying there was plenty of this pre 2016. It seems your memories of the semi-final has been forgotten

Dic Siôn Dafydds

And a large number of the ones that are Welsh will have one english parent.

And even if they aren't nothing wrong with them enjoying a game of football in the sunshine.

The anyone but England guys seem a bit tragic to me.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    And a large number of the ones that are Welsh will have one english parent.

And even if they aren't nothing wrong with them enjoying a game of football in the sunshine.

The anyone but England guys seem a bit tragic to me.
    It's narrow minded.

The wife is English, our 3 sons, all fluent Welsh speakers, were cheering England on with their mother.

I don't see a problem in cheering on England if you are English or have a connection to England.

Feedback

Unless you've taken a survey off all present you have No idea of they are English or not.

It's narrow minded.

The wife is English, our 3 sons, all fluent Welsh speakers, were cheering England on with their mother.

I don't see a problem in cheering on England if you are English or have a connection to England.
    or even to cheer on a team from great Britain

for the record, we watched the game, the Wife ( who is English supported England ) and Youngest daughter and myself both just watched a game of football ( oldest daughter was out for the day and when she learnt the news texted me " Boooooooo " )

Unless you've taken a survey off all present you have No idea of they are English or not.
    Most in this thread have accepted they're English. Survey?

I understand that. Perhaps it explains why so many support English clubs

Feedback

Most in this thread have accepted they're English. Survey?
    I reckon there were a fair few English as well as Welsh.

I know quite a few of us were watching the match today, that doesn't mean we were cheering on the saes.

I am born in Wales to two English parents. I don't support England. Oddly enough neither do they as they can't stand the crap in the press when they play and find it very sad. But today when the game was on I went shopping as I knew it would be quiet. It was great - like some weird zombie film in fact! I don't dislike England but don't care two shits if they win or lose. Just not interested in the national team of england.

I reckon there were a fair few English as well as Welsh.

I know quite a few of us were watching the match today, that doesn't mean we were cheering on the saes.
    Was a large screen set up for it?

Was a large screen set up for it?
    Been there since the start of the world cup. Was showing Wimbledon the other day.

Neither have you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Is that Sludge I can see donning a half Liverpool/England shirt?
    You're mistaken. Sludge wasn't there but was in Cardiff and he was supporting England. He annoyed loads of patrons in the Gatekeeper pub on Westgate Street by blocking their view of the biggest telly when constantly raising both arms aloft to wave his giant Cross of St George foam hands about.

Wonder how many have tickets to the Wales women's game next month? I hope the screen will be kept up and everyone will be back down enjoying the August sun.

We're Welsh before being British.

No proper Welsh bloke would cheer on the English football team. A tidy fella in my estimation is someone who ensures there's always a minimum of ten cans of Stella or similar strength grog in the top half of their fridge freezer.