+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Martyn Margetson...

Martyn Margetson...

...has no soul.

King of the Uncle Toms.

Re: Martyn Margetson...

What a ridiculous comment.

It's the guys career.
    Would you turn down a much better paid offer from an English company to work for a Welsh one?

As first posts go, thats right up there with the silliest

He works for England. The way he celebrated though...dagger to the heart. Should have more class. I grew up on the same street as him in Baglan, Port Talbot.

Not my first post either, been in this board for years, not posted in a long time though.

He moves around wherever Allardyce goes, just happened to stay with Southgate and his team.

I bet if you asked him he'd love Wales to be where England are at the moment.
    It's his job at the end of the day, of course he wants to see the players he coaches do well, wouldn't you?

So managers and coaches of different nationality to the teams they take charge of shouldn't celebrate? Martinez and Henry should sit on their hands when Belgium score?

No, I’d hate it.

Yes, exactly my man!

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    Yes, exactly my man!
    Grow up ffs

He must have the same agent as paulinho

I guess my point is he left Wales to go to England, which is fine, got to go where the opportunity takes you, but he left when we were riding high, finaly with a good squad, good staff, able to genuinely challenge for tournaments, strong ranking position. Why not continue to share your undoubted talents with your country while in such a position? I find it quite shallow. Money talks though, as we’ve seen with Coleman. I live in London and get shit about Wales all the time, so prob more sensitive about these things than most.

Think I’ll go back into hibernation.

Blooobirds!

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    So managers and coaches of different nationality to the teams they take charge of shouldn't celebrate? Martinez and Henry should sit on their hands when Belgium score?
    Not exactly the same though is it. Welsh office asked to support England so takes down the Welsh flag? Not even adding a second flag but taking down the Welsh flag. Not sure I can remember Belgium disregarding our nation in the same way.

I don't think the term used in the opening post is the smartest choice but I think this is more than a simple career move. It's more like changing political party than BBC to ITV.

Surge, your post raises a completely different point to the one about Margetson. So utterly different I fail to see why you've raised the flag issue in the same thread. I wasn't happy with that flag situation but to criticise a coach of a team for celebrating his teams success is absurd.

Wrong thread oops

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Surge, your post raises a completely different point to the one about Margetson. So utterly different I fail to see why you've raised the flag issue in the same thread. I wasn't happy with that flag situation but to criticise a coach of a team for celebrating his teams success is absurd.
    Why is it separate? There are many examples where people in England confuse England for the UK and happily swallow up Wales. You said that MM working for England was just working for another nation but it's not, it's helping ensure success for a nation that doesn't show Wales sufficient respect on a wider level. Not everyone of course but dare I say it would be harder to find examples of proper respect than not? It's just a bit baffling considering the wider context but I guess some will see football as football only and therefore maybe happier with the decision.

Although I accept there can only ever be limited cross-over between sport and politics. Football is meant to be out a) fun and b) pride so any political point comes somewhat down the list of priorities

He's a Glan Afan boy, and has done very well over the years. Support him, because he's a Blue through and through.