+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My take on what was a very good week to be a Cardiff City fan.

My take on what was a very good week to be a Cardiff City fan.

Re: My take on what was a very good week to be a Cardiff City fan.

Excellent as always, Paul.

It was indeed a very good, big news week. My only worry is your reference to links with Dean Windass. I am not too enthused by the Josh Windass connection, but surely his dad is now past it?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's been a really good week for the club. Tan's redemption is made even greater by remembering fully how bad the rebrand years were but what a transformation since Warnock came in. I love how early we are getting our big moves done and giving us a full summer with most of our squad settled.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Excellent as always, Paul.

It was indeed a very good, big news week. My only worry is your reference to links with Dean Windass. I am not too enthused by the Josh Windass connection, but surely his dad is now past it?
    Showing my age there Jon, I'll alter it now.

These are the best times to be a Cardiff fan for a couple of generations.

A never to be forgotten season. It was not long ago we were looking down the barrel with HMRC looking to liquidate us.

Now we are heading into the PL with debts being wiped.

Would I rather watch Championship football in the knowledge the club's finances are sound, or Premiership football at a debt-laden club ?
    Probably, no, definitely, the latter.
    Of course it's important for the club to be operating within sensible parameters, but let's not get too 'sensible' . As a famous footballer once said, ' it's all about the glory'...

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Exactly - If it's not my debt and it's not my money, it's not my problem. The person with the most money to lose is the person to make the right decision re finances - unless of course they are an idiot - and you dont get many multi multi millionaires who are idiots
    And all those clubs who go out of business because of their debt? Not a problem for their fans?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    And all those clubs who go out of business because of their debt? Not a problem for their fans?
    I'd also add that, besides the debt to equity conversions and the new contracts for so many of the promotion winning squad, there's also a level of spending in the transfer market which is much higher than some were saying we were going to see this summer, but what I would still call sensible and realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Accrington Stanley 1961/2. Of course no-one wants their club to get into financial difficulties, but football clubs tend to survive even the most critical financial crisis..

I always liked the court updates �� we had an attendee for the various wind ups by hmrc ������