+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Close Encounters With Footballers..

Re: Close Encounters With Footballers..

Played for one of the CCFC supporter's teams in the 70's. We had John Buchanan training us. He had a great shot but although we asked him to fire one at us, he wouldn't

My most bizarre one was with Gigi Hagi at the former Royal Palace in Bucharest at a corporate "do" in 2009. He seemed rather bemused at my story of only having seen him play "live" once and that he broke my heart in a qualifier for the '94 World Cup. It probably didn't help that my Romanian wasn't very good but better than his English!

I met Ernie Curtis when he lived next door to my Auntie Doris

In 1976 I won a Football Quiz at the Bluebirds Club and John Buchanan presented me with the first prize

I met John Charles when he lived next door to my mate in Heol Briwnant, Rhiwbina

John Toshack presented me with a medal when we won the Cardiff Schools U16 League

Chris Marsden who used to playboy for Southampton amongst others, drinks in my local over here. He's always got a story for you, mainly about Gordon strachan when he was manager there.

playboy!! Play for that is

Having a kick around with some Standard Liege players in the park across the road from NP prior to the game in 1965.