+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hope the club announce away ticket criteria soon

I hope the club announce away ticket criteria soon

Having been going away regularly for 17 years along with another at least 300 diehards we all know and recognise .... it would be nice to be reassured we will be able to get tickets at an early opportunity.

Re: I hope the club announce away ticket criteria soon

According to the football ground guide the normal allocation is 1,500 - 2,000. Should be enough for the regulars, what do you think the criteria will be?

I would think they’ll start at something like 5 aways from last season wouldn’t they?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I would think they’ll start at something like 5 aways from last season wouldn’t they?
    Aye, question is if it'll be ST holders only or members too.

CCSC were taking bookings for 10 away games weren't they ? However I imagine that'll be because very few have actually been to that many so they'll cover that quota. 4/5 away games I imagine ?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    According to the football ground guide the normal allocation is 1,500 - 2,000. Should be enough for the regulars, what do you think the criteria will be?
    We often get restricted.
    No idea what criteria they will use hence my post. I think on any game where we are likely to sell out the tried and tested "qulifying number of aways last season" basis is fair.... especially now as demand will increase.
    I am sure we will sell out our Bournemouth allocation!

It is a credit to our club that they operate a system that enables them to reward the away regulars.
    Unlike Man Utd fans it is not difficult to become an away regular following City ....... YET.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    CCSC were taking bookings for 10 away games weren't they ? However I imagine that'll be because very few have actually been to that many so they'll cover that quota. 4/5 away games I imagine ?
    If it's 10 aways with just a membership, happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Aye, question is if it'll be ST holders only or members too.
    ST holders will get 1st shout prob with something like 5 aways.

They advertise selling STs with preferential bookings on away games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    ST holders will get 1st shout prob with something like 5 aways.

They advertise selling STs with preferential bookings on away games.
    They advertise memberships with preferential bookings on away games. As I've said before there are a small number of loyal away exiles who stand to miss out should it be STs only. Obviously I'm betraying my naked self interest here, but I don't think it's too much to ask for a criteria such as ST holders with 5 aways or members with 10 aways.

They advertise memberships with preferential bookings on away games. As I've said before there are a small number of loyal away exiles who stand to miss out should it be STs only. Obviously I'm betraying my naked self interest here, but I don't think it's too much to ask for a criteria such as ST holders with 5 aways or members with 10 aways.
    Memberships are advertised as ability to buy an away ticket. STs as preferential.

Your system seems fair but I think ST holders will get 1st shout.

I'd imagine they'll announce it soon seeing as its almost a month away and that criteria will probably stick for the opening months of the season

5 aways last season would be fair enough IMO

ST holders who’ve done always should get first shout. If you shell out for a season ticket you always get first shout because you’re paying a few hundred quid upfront.

It would be nice for people who always go away to be able to go but it makes sensé season ticket holders get first shout, especially the ones who’ve done always last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    ST holders who’ve done always should get first shout. If you shell out for a season ticket you always get first shout because you’re paying a few hundred quid upfront.

It would be nice for people who always go away to be able to go but it makes sensé season ticket holders get first shout, especially the ones who’ve done always last season.
    Not all our fans live in Cardiff though. Surely it’s not fair that a season ticket holder who went to one away trip last season should get tickets ahead of someone who did every away game.
    People can argue that ‘oh but ST holders benefit the club financially’ but let’s be honest, that is small fry with Premier League TV money. Away loyalty should be rewarded.

People are shelling out hundreds of pounds though, it always has been:

Season ticket holder who does lots of aways
    Season ticket holders
    Members who did a lot of aways
    Members

People can spin fairness and loyalty however it suits them really.

Not all our fans live in Cardiff though. Surely it’s not fair that a season ticket holder who went to one away trip last season should get tickets ahead of someone who did every away game.
    People can argue that ‘oh but ST holders benefit the club financially’ but let’s be honest, that is small fry with Premier League TV money. Away loyalty should be rewarded.
    If you're shelling out hundreds of pounds in one go, or even a monthly commitment during the season, then I'm sorry, that gets rewarded before doing away games as a member does. Tough tits if you don't live in Cardiff, the club can't please and accomodate everyone.

Just to throw into the mix.....where might last (and maybe this) season's flexi ticket holders stand when it comes to away allocation this season? I'm guessing no preference in any way. Secondly, and this is a big "what if". Let's say Bournemouth is ST plus 6 away in the first instance. What if one if one of those 6 was Derby away and someone bought a ticket for the original match but couldn't make the rearranged match. Would the club honour the original purchase as counting towards the 6 away criteria?I would hope so as I would me mightily pissed off if I missed out due to Derby calling off the match. The best way forward is for the club to introduce a point score system for away matches that rewards ST holders, members and those who attend aways and less popular home matches not covered by ST criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Just to throw into the mix.....where might last (and maybe this) season's flexi ticket holders stand when it comes to away allocation this season? I'm guessing no preference in any way. Secondly, and this is a big "what if". Let's say Bournemouth is ST plus 6 away in the first instance. What if one if one of those 6 was Derby away and someone bought a ticket for the original match but couldn't make the rearranged match. Would the club honour the original purchase as counting towards the 6 away criteria?I would hope so as I would me mightily pissed off if I missed out due to Derby calling off the match. The best way forward is for the club to introduce a point score system for away matches that rewards ST holders, members and those who attend aways and less popular home matches not covered by ST criteria.
    The original Derby fixture won’t count. It was removed from the booking history.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    The original Derby fixture won’t count. It was removed from the booking history.
    Might be a few disgruntled fans then if the postponed Derby match happens to be the match that would otherwise be the one that counts towards any away criteria this season.
    A point system for aways would be my preferred way forward, with maybe a reduced point allocation for those who buy tickets in good faith only to find a match postponed (and cant make the rearranged fixture). Ideally a system which shows your running tally of points when you (and the ticket office) log on to purchase tickets.

You are moving the goalposts by introducing the income from the Premier League. Surely the best way of doing things would be by adding home and away attended - and ST holders being credited for the 23 home games a starter.

Might be a few disgruntled fans then if the postponed Derby match happens to be the match that would otherwise be the one that counts towards any away criteria this season.
    A point system for aways would be my preferred way forward, with maybe a reduced point allocation for those who buy tickets in good faith only to find a match postponed (and cant make the rearranged fixture). Ideally a system which shows your running tally of points when you (and the ticket office) log on to purchase tickets.
    It's pretty much a points system already.

They'll see how many tickets we've got (1,300ish) and then how many Season Ticket holders we've got with a certain number of away games, until that number drops below 1,300 and that'll be the criteria.

There would straight away be a mass amount of points for being a season ticket holder, based on other clubs schemes, so season ticket holders are generally always going to have the advantage.

Spurs away will be interesting with probably only 3k tickets available and only their second game at the new WHL, tickets will surely be at a premium ?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    It's pretty much a points system already.

They'll see how many tickets we've got (1,300ish) and then how many Season Ticket holders we've got with a certain number of away games, until that number drops below 1,300 and that'll be the criteria.

There would straight away be a mass amount of points for being a season ticket holder, based on other clubs schemes, so season ticket holders are generally always going to have the advantage.
    Except a points system would reward non ST holders attending away matches, giving regular away attendees a good shout at preferential treatment when it comes to restricted ticket matches. Eg 1000 points for being a ST holder, 200 points for membership, 100 points for popular aways, 200 points for less popular aways (midweek matches up north or similar). So a member (200) with 7 popular aways (700) plus an unpopular midweek away (200) would then have 1100 points v ST holder (1000) never going away. That system would reward thise who travel. An ST holder would only have to do 2 aways to best the membership holder under that system.

Just strikes me as unfair that season ticket holders who didn't bother going away at all last season could be ahead of people who did most aways.

But I get the other side, I mean the argument could go round in circles.

Except a points system would reward non ST holders attending away matches, giving regular away attendees a good shout at preferential treatment when it comes to restricted ticket matches. Eg 1000 points for being a ST holder, 200 points for membership, 100 points for popular aways, 200 points for less popular aways (midweek matches up north or similar). So a member (200) with 7 popular aways (700) plus an unpopular midweek away (200) would then have 1100 points v ST holder (1000) never going away. That system would reward thise who travel. An ST holder would only have to do 2 aways to best the membership holder under that system.
    The club needs to reward the people paying money into their coffers, the club makes no money off away tickets.

The fairest way of doing things is to offer 1 point per game attended, the season ticket holder buys 19 games in advance, the minute a member attends more than 19 games in a season, he should get priority.