+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I hope the club announce away ticket criteria soon

Re: I hope the club announce away ticket criteria soon

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    On that basis you would have to weigh the home games as well, an unpopular team on a Wednesday night must hold more points than Man City at home, and of course the season ticket holder pre-buys all home games.

It doesnt really work.
    Fair point. Include points for both ST holders and non ST holders attending home matches, more points for midweek or league cup or friendlies. That's on top of a set number of points for buying membership or ST or half ST. Then add on aways and you've got something like a fairer system for allocating away tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Were there away ticket criteria the last (other!) time that we were in the Premier League?

I'm asking as a long standing Away Member exiled in Surrey.
    Yes. And Burton away😐

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Fair point. Include points for both ST holders and non ST holders attending home matches, more points for midweek or league cup or friendlies. That's on top of a set number of points for buying membership or ST or half ST. Then add on aways and you've got something like a fairer system for allocating away tickets.
    If you don't have a ST, whatever point scoring system you'll have, you're always going to be up against it. Unless you have a ST there's no "fair" system for people as you won't go to anywhere near the number of games someone with a ST has. If you're going to more, you may as well buy a season ticket and treat the home games as an away day, and then go to local away games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If you don't have a ST, whatever point scoring system you'll have, you're always going to be up against it. Unless you have a ST there's no "fair" system for people as you won't go to anywhere near the number of games someone with a ST has. If you're going to more, you may as well buy a season ticket and treat the home games as an away day, and then go to local away games.
    A ST holder who attends numerous aways would always have first dibs on away tickets this and any other season. A member who attends numerous aways would, maybe, (depends on number of aways) have an equal chance of picking up a ticket for a popular away. ST use (rather than possesion and attending some home matches) would attract points as would points allocated for non ST holders. That way those attending home matches would also build up points.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Yeah, but never comes out cheaper between Cardiff and London for me
    Hide in the bog between Reading and Newport.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    A ST holder who attends numerous aways would always have first dibs on away tickets this and any other season. A member who attends numerous aways would, maybe, (depends on number of aways) have an equal chance of picking up a ticket for a popular away. ST use (rather than possesion and attending some home matches) would attract points as would points allocated for non ST holders. That way those attending home matches would also build up points.
    You're always going to be up against it, whatever way you slice it. ST holders will always have priority because of the sheer number of games they'll have got tickets for. Some fans don't go to away days because they're expensive and difficult to get to, whereas if you live in London, or elsewhere, some are very easy to get to and cheaper than going back to CCS.

Any criteria for this season away tickets will surely have to be based on how many aways were attended last season. Nevermind all this ST holder first choice over Non ST crap. Memberships were introduced to help Non ST holders go to away games etc. If Aston Villa last season was anything to go by, then it will be something like ST holders who did 5 plus aways last season and Memberships that did 6 plus aways have first dibs for first 2 days on sale, Thereafter St holders with 3 plus and Members 4 plus and so on.
    Last time in Prem they set it at 8 aways from previous season, I did 6 and missed out. But heard some people were joining travel clubs with no aways the season before and getting away tickets. Hope the latter was not true, but if true should not happen again. The club may not get too involved as (as mentioned above) they do not make any money from away ticket sales. And if they accept a full allocation and cannot sell them they get lumbered with the cost. The latter may force the City to say, no criteria - just get the tickets sold any old way. I hope the latter is avoided. IMO a criteria should be set and based on last season for ST holders and membership holders. I did 17 aways last season (yes I am a ST holder) and if I miss out on Bournemouth I will not be a happy chappy.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Any criteria for this season away tickets will surely have to be based on how many aways were attended last season. Nevermind all this ST holder first choice over Non ST crap. Memberships were introduced to help Non ST holders go to away games etc. If Aston Villa last season was anything to go by, then it will be something like ST holders who did 5 plus aways last season and Memberships that did 6 plus aways have first dibs for first 2 days on sale, Thereafter St holders with 3 plus and Members 4 plus and so on.
    Last time in Prem they set it at 8 aways from previous season, I did 6 and missed out. But heard some people were joining travel clubs with no aways the season before and getting away tickets. Hope the latter was not true, but if true should not happen again. The club may not get too involved as (as mentioned above) they do not make any money from away ticket sales. And if they accept a full allocation and cannot sell them they get lumbered with the cost. The latter may force the City to say, no criteria - just get the tickets sold any old way. I hope the latter is avoided. IMO a criteria should be set and based on last season for ST holders and membership holders. I did 17 aways last season (yes I am a ST holder) and if I miss out on Bournemouth I will not be a happy chappy.
    Spedger
    Virtually the same as you Spedger but made 21 Aways. Time for news from the Club.
    Important as Bournemouth away will be a massive test of any system they introduce.

If you don’t have a season ticket it’ll be difficult id say. Obviously it’s a shame if you can’t do as many this year but the club, and as far as I’m aware most clubs, always give priority to the people who put the most money into the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    If you’re a season ticket holder with 17 aways I say you’ll definitely get one going off how it was last time. They used to set it so season ticket holders with a certain number of away games would always have first choice.

I think last time we went up I’d done 16 the season before and it was easy to get one.