+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: (some) England fans celebrating

(some) England fans celebrating

Stories of cars getting trashed in the street, this woman (surely not the only one) nearly lost an eye as pint glasses were thrown around the pub in celebration.

https://twitter.com/Footy_Tipsters/s...28562886086657

What's wrong with them? I remember the Trafalgar Square riots after they lost the euro 96 semi. Guarantee more of the same when they eventually get knocked out.

Re: (some) England fans celebrating

A strange breed

Not to mention the first response emergency vehicle that was trashed whilst paramedics were treating a patient

I've seen City and Wales fans vandalise plenty in the past.

It's sad but let's not pretend we are so different.

Fair play to them - they have reached the 2nd and 4th place decider.

Why is it that when Englandcfans are rightly criticised, there's always a few that come out with 'we're no better.' These instances weren't involving City fans, if they were we'd denounce them.

This love in is getting a little tedious now. I know a lot of you are closet England fans, but criticise when its deserved

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I've seen City and Wales fans vandalise plenty in the past.

It's sad but let's not pretend we are so different.
    I would say we are different. This isn't isolated incidents. I think west mids police said they had the most 999 calls in their history, double new year's eve.

Everyone has twats, yes. The scale here is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I would say we are different. This isn't isolated incidents. I think west mids police said they had the most 999 calls in their history, double new year's eve.

The scale of the event is something else, with the good weather we are seeing thousands of people hitting towns and streets and drinking to excess. Then this sort of things happen.

I have definitely seen mindless thuggery and vandalism at Cardiff City.

I was reading posts on Facebook, saying this sort of thing doesnt happen in Rugby, and i have been on a few Welsh trips and it definitely does.

Alcohol and baying groups egging people on generally cause trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    The scale of the event is something else, with the good weather we are seeing thousands of people hitting towns and streets and drinking to excess. Then this sort of things happen.

I have definitely seen mindless thuggery and vandalism at Cardiff City.

I was reading posts on Facebook, saying this sort of thing doesnt happen in Rugby, and i have been on a few Welsh trips and it definitely does.

Alcohol and baying groups egging people on generally cause trouble.
    Did we see similar in France two years ago? It was kept quiet if it did happen.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1016033254774800385

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Why is it that when Englandcfans are rightly criticised, there's always a few that come out with 'we're no better.' These instances weren't involving City fans, if they were we'd denounce them.

This love in is getting a little tedious now. I know a lot of you are closet England fans, but criticise when its deserved
    Glasshouses bro that's all. Its behaviour that should be rightly condemned but when people start making points that it's those English, different breed etc it all gets a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Did we see similar in France two years ago? It was kept quiet if it did happen.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1016033254774800385
    This isnt in Russia now, its in Cities in England where people are going out.

When Wales were in the Euros, the behavior in France was impeccable, however there were some hairy stories coming out of the fan parks.

Its seems strange as Cardiff fans we criticise the WRU, for ignoring the trouble that happens during Rugby internationals, and write it off as high jinx, then we adopt a similar position when it comes to England fans.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    This isnt in Russia now, its in Cities in England where people are going out.

When Wales were in the Euros, the behavior in France was impeccable, however there were some hairy stories coming out of the fan parks.

Its seems strange as Cardiff fans we criticise the WRU, for ignoring the trouble that happens during Rugby internationals, and write it off as high jinx, then we adopt a similar position when it comes to England fans.
    I never saw or heard of anything happening in Wales in 2016 to rival what's been seen on social media since Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I never saw or heard of anything happening in Wales in 2016 to rival what's been seen on social media since Saturday.
    Whilst this behaviour does seem way over the top, surely when there are approximately 3 million welsh people and 53 million english people stuff like this is always going to be on a larger scale?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Whilst this behaviour does seem way over the top, surely when there are approximately 3 million welsh people and 53 million english people stuff like this is always going to be on a larger scale?

FFS stop making excuses for these pricks, you're not anti-English for criticising this behaviour

The above happened in Nottingham, which is a smaller city than Cardiff, surely going off your logic we should have had riot in the streets after we beat Belgium?

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post

I support Wales and I'm neutral about England. They've done well and could win the Cup. Good luck to them if they do. But I don't really care. Good luck to whoever wins it.

I'm just disappointed that Wales didn't qualify! I'm enjoying the football but still feel gutted we didn't make it.

Closet fans? Not so closet, I reckon. I bet there'll be a lot of people in Cardiff pubs shouting for England. Do they shout for Wales I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

FFS stop making excuses for these pricks, you're not anti-English for criticising this behaviour

The above happened in Nottingham, which is a smaller city than Cardiff, surely going off your logic we should have had riot in the streets after we beat Belgium?
    Outraged When it suits Him.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Yep. Even David Davies and Boris J have joined in

Yes, remember when Wales got to the semi finals of the Euros in 2016 and we all celebrated by smashing up our local community, police cars, ambulances, taxis, bus stops etc.

No, me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

I’m criticising their behaviour a lot of them behaved like complete scum bags. But it makes sense you’re more likely to see more of it when there are more of them.

https://youtu.be/RKfQIm16zmc

Perhaps our fan park just had the good sense to use plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    https://youtu.be/RKfQIm16zmc

Perhaps our fan park just had the good sense to use plastic.
    That's the worst kind of behaviour I've ever witnessed. FFS, what a waste of beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    That's the worst kind of behaviour I've ever witnessed. FFS, what a waste of beer!
    It's in relation to the link posted by the op about the girl whose eye was cut in the same situation. I assumed it was about the vandalism but it wasn't.

I agree though, said to my mate on the weekend watch the England match, I wouldn't be wasting any of mine to chuck over someone and nor would I particularly want to be covered in beer.