+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Do you think we'll stay up?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - no problem

4 5.26%
  • Quietly Optimistic - we should be ok

22 28.95%
  • Will be a struggle but hope they can pull it off

41 53.95%
  • No chance - we'll be bottom

7 9.21%
  • LFW

2 2.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think we'll stay up next season?

Do you think we'll stay up next season?

What does everyone think now we've got some new lads in, and it looks like the basis of last years team is the one we'll use....

Re: Do you think we'll stay up next season?

I can't see a poll (possibly ad-blocker got it) but yes.

Yes. Top 10 14/1

I would give us something like a 25% chance of staying up

Depends if we learned anything from the last time we were there.

Yes, just, but we may surprise quite a few teams

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Yes, just, but we may surprise quite a few teams
    Last time we surprised teams in the first game but they sussed us out in the return fixtures. I think we got 20 in the first encounters but only 10 in the reverses. I think we need to get as many points on the board as early as possible. It could be a long Spring!

Yes.
    We have some good new boys, old boys looking to prove something and most of all... an older and wiser Warnock

No

Yes

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    No
    Do you still think that Warnock will be the first manager sacked last season?

I can't see us staying up but we will be playing in blue and won't be worrying about being relegated with a burden of fancy dans whose wages we won't be able to afford. We may well be able to have a crack at promotion again.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Do you still think that Warnock will be the first manager sacked last season?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    No
    Do you think Russell Slade could do a better job in the premier league managing Cardiff City next season, than Warnock?

Must be the romantic in me, but I actually think we'll pi$$ it (staying up that is).

If effort and team spirit (meaning the whole club, from tea lady to Vinny), are to mean anything, the CLUB deserve it.

PS:---- Have not voted in the poll

I can't see us finishing last due to Warnock's character and the types of players we have signed.

I think we have done at least 80% (a representative figure only) of our dealings this summer and if the final 20% is as impressive then I think we will stay up. Still need a striker, midfielder and CB, or a plan to cover for not having enough depth in these positions.

I think we can compete better this time , as we are :

Better prepared.
    We have a better team spirit
    We have more pace .
    Better manager and backroom .
    Kept the nucleus of the side togther .
    There seems a few more sides this time we can compete with .
    We have a very decent strike force.

I'm saying yes , just .

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I can't see us staying up but we will be playing in blue and won't be worrying about being relegated with a burden of fancy dans whose wages we won't be able to afford. We may well be able to have a crack at promotion again.
    Agreed.

It feels so different this time doesn't it Taunton Blue Genie?

No pressure, low expectations, playing in blue and a passionate and hungry squad who genuinely love it at city.

We seem a far more robustly and diligently run club these days putting us in a good position if we do get relegated.

With the possible starting line-up we have right at this moment I think we'll go down. I'm hoping we can bring in a right-back, another midfielder and a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I can't see us finishing last due to Warnock's character and the types of players we have signed.

I think we have done at least 80% (a representative figure only) of our dealings this summer and if the final 20% is as impressive then I think we will stay up. Still need a striker, midfielder and CB, or a plan to cover for not having enough depth in these positions.
    We have CB covered. Connolly is our backup there and is more than capable (we used him as a right back in the premier league last time and he has made it clear on many occasions he doesn't like playing there) and has just signed a new deal.

Cunningham is also able to play CB.

Midfielder and striker is what's being sorted currently. I'd say the problem area is right full back personally, however Paterson and Manga are able to play there, even if it's not their best or preferred position.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    We have CB covered. Connolly is our backup there and is more than capable (we used him as a right back in the premier league last time and he has made it clear on many occasions he doesn't like playing there) and has just signed a new deal.

Cunningham is also able to play CB.

Midfielder and striker is what's being sorted currently. I'd say the problem area is right full back personally, however Paterson and Manga are able to play there, even if it's not their best or preferred position.
    Manga would get slaughtered playing right-back in the Premier. He was exposed a number of times playing there in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Manga would get slaughtered playing right-back in the Premier. He was exposed a number of times playing there in the Championship.
    Indeed. Hence why I said right back is our problem area in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Agreed.

It feels so different this time doesn't it Taunton Blue Genie?

No pressure, low expectations, playing in blue and a passionate and hungry squad who genuinely love it at city.

We seem a far more robustly and diligently run club these days putting us in a good position if we do get relegated.
    It may be similar only in that we may not have a genuine and consistent goalscorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Absolutely torn to shreds.

Pelts is a good defender and you know you can trust him. As long as he stays healthy he will do what we need him to do. However, his physical game might get him a few suspensions with the protection that the big clubs get so I wouldn't mind having another right back.