Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gunnar signs new deal

Gunnar signs new deal

Re: Gunnar signs new deal

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...new-city-deal/

Another player with pen to contract.

Now who's next..

One year contract, obviously wants to see what happens this season, glad he signs but there’s a bitter taste to it

I think it’s a good deal for him and the club.

He gets a lot of stick on here but I think he’s a decent player.

Quote Originally Posted by adamm92 View Post
    One year contract, obviously wants to see what happens this season, glad he signs but there’s a bitter taste to it
    His next contract will be his last decent one, what’s wrong with someone being ambitious?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    "My little boy was born in Cardiff and I've been through a lot with this Club and the fans. I just can't wait to pull on the strip again to represent the capital of Wales in the Premier League.

Enough said.

Ralls Patterson Gunners midfield three ?

Could do with a another 2 signings in there.

Is that Bruno (and Gunnar) the only first team regulars who's contracts expire at the end of the season?

Bamba and Bruno only ones not to sign new deals!

Quote Originally Posted by adamm92 View Post
    Rubbish. He's said he doesn't want to play in the Champ, and that's fair enough in my book. I think they'll be a parting of ways regardless of what happens next season but he's here and he's hardly the type to half @rse anything. He'll give his all and hopefully he can help us stay up.

Player himself has said he doesnt want to play in the championship anymore he will be 30 after this contract it is a tough league, and he has spent the majority of his career in it.

Its a deal that works for both parties, will have given us 8 years service after this contract.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Player himself has said he doesnt want to play in the championship anymore he will be 30 after this contract it is a tough league, and he has spent the majority of his career in it.

Its a deal that works for both parties, will have given us 8 years service after this contract.
    Yeah it works for both parties. He’s been great servant for us. Not bad for a free transfer from Coventry.

Yeah suppose you’re right
    I really rate gunnars and me being selfish wouldn’t want to see him leave

Which is a huge length of time I n this day and age

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Rubbish. He's said he doesn't want to play in the Champ, and that's fair enough in my book. I think they'll be a parting of ways regardless of what happens next season but he's here and he's hardly the type to half @rse anything. He'll give his all and hopefully he can help us stay up.
    No he definitely wouldn’t half @rse it at all, just being selfish and don’t want to see him leave lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Ralls Patterson Gunners midfield three ?

Could do with a another 2 signings in there.
    That doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence

A good pro who works hard - but nothing more.

One year contract. I'm surprised he went for that. Although, it's probably the only chance he'll get to play in the EPL.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    One year contract. I'm surprised he went for that. Although, it's probably the only chance he'll get to play in the EPL.
    He can have a year in the Premier League with a club he is really fond of, if we get relegated again he can walk away and try his hand in a overseas league, like he was looking at if we didnt get promoted.

His reasoning was to move away from the tough and physical 46 game Championship, and i tend to believe that.

He'd made it obvious he didn't want to play another season in he forty six game slog that is the Championship, so I think we can take it as read that he won't be hanging around if we go down, but, if we stay up, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Is that Bruno (and Gunnar) the only first team regulars who's contracts expire at the end of the season?

Bamba and Bruno only ones not to sign new deals!
    Sol signed a new 3 year deal last summer - through to summer 2020.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...city-contract/

Bruno signed a 2 year deal last summer, so he only has one year left.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-13247652

Sol signed a new 3 year deal last summer - through to summer 2020.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...city-contract/

Bruno signed a 2 year deal last summer, so he only has one year left.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-13247652
    I wouldn't be surprised if Bamba signs a new 2 year deal to get some wage parity with the other first teamers, and if Bruno is offered a 2/3 year deal as well. Morrison, Paterson, Peltier etc all signed new deals last summer to get a bump/extension this time around

Great News.

Quote Originally Posted by Culver Blue View Post
    "My little boy was born in Cardiff and I've been through a lot with this Club and the fans. I just can't wait to pull on the strip again to represent the capital of Wales in the Premier League.

Enough said.
    'Can't wait to pull the strip on again' 🙄. What a conplete a55hole. If he meant that why wait so long to sign up w@nker 😉

In the lack of anything else coming in , its best for all around he was probably looking for bigger /longer pay deal and contract , I think the injury and no real impact at the wold cup scuppered that sadly for him,we probably comprised gave him a sign on fee , one year wage bump , as he was out of contract ?? perhaps in lieu of the wage value he wanted .

I still think we lack depth in midfield ,however if its backs against the wall stuff next year Gunnerson is good at that

He can have a year in the Premier League with a club he is really fond of, if we get relegated again he can walk away and try his hand in a overseas league, like he was looking at if we didnt get promoted.

His reasoning was to move away from the tough and physical 46 game Championship, and i tend to believe that.
    If you beleive that you'll beleive anything. He's known since May we were in the Prem so why the delay? Because a better offer didnt come along 🤗