+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BoJo go byebyes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BoJo go byebyes

This is getting interesting now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44770847

We will have a Tory leadership election or general election soon methinks.

Re: BoJo go byebyes

I'm just thankful we voted for strong and stable, and not the coalition of chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm just thankful we voted for strong and stable, and not the coalition of chaos.
    May had to play her hand at some point. Some of us knew what that hand would be, as it was extremely obvious right from the start. That's the trouble with "insurance plans", they are very tricky to pull off. You need everything to go right.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    This is getting interesting now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44770847

We will have a Tory leadership election or general election soon methinks.
    It's difficult to imagine how a general election will clarify the way ahead re: Brexit. Europe has always caused splits within the two major parties and will continue to do so. 'Brexit is Brexit' sounds pretty ridiculous now.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's difficult to imagine how a general election will clarify the way ahead re: Brexit. Europe has always caused splits within the two major parties and will continue to do so. 'Brexit is Brexit' sounds pretty ridiculous now.
    A general election will clarify the feelings of the electorate. UKIP would undoubtedly garner many votes.

A general election will clarify the feelings of the electorate. UKIP would undoubtedly garner many votes.
    As both major parties are confused about what sort of Brexit is to be had (if at all) and that Brexit voters may now possibly be in the minority it will clarify nothing at all when put in the mix with party politics and all the other issues that are important to people.

There's nothing in any recent polling or local elections to suggest that. UKIP have shot their bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There's nothing in any recent polling or local elections to suggest that. UKIP have shot their bolt
    How many people even know who their leader is?

How many people even know who their leader is?
    I saw his recent speech at the rally in London. He was quite impressive, better than Nuttall but not up to Farage’s standards.

Their recent polling in the local elections will have no bearing on the next general election, IF Brexit is fudged or postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You write “recent”. Didn’t you know that a week is a long time in politics?

If Brexit is fudged with Remainers in charge of the Tories then UKIP will rise like a gammony phoenix. I’m quite confident of that.

Think your right I think the lady has played her cards and said over to you now do your worse or support me or bugger off ,and off two went , neither really appealing to electorate ,would the opposition deliver a majority to govern with a mandate nope , we are where we are,moderate Labour MP's might support her in a vote if its a soft Brexit ??

More to come

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think your right I think the lady has played her cards and said over to you now do your worse or support me or bugger off ,and off two went , neither really appealing to electorate ,would the opposition deliver a majority to govern with a mandate nope , we are where we are,moderate Labour MP's might support her in a vote if its a soft Brexit ??

More to come
    It's like bidding for tickets to be a guest on the RMS Titanic's maiden voyage

Boris has been trying to engineer his own exit for months.

The hard brexiteers want nothing to do with the implementation of brexit because they know it is going to be a disaster. From the back benches they can escape untainted from the ensuing cluster**** and sweep back in to control of the party. This is all about individual ambitions.

Wales-Bales and I and every other know-all said from the outset that the Red-Blue cartel would conspire not to honour the Leave vote by way of prevaricating and procrastinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Wales-Bales and I and every other know-all said from the outset that the Red-Blue cartel would conspire not to honour the Leave vote by way of prevaricating and procrastinating.

I can identify which media every person reads from their views. Me, I just follow Twitter, 50% left and 50% right, and I observe my chosen protagonists squabbling and arguing amongst themselves. It soon becomes apparent who the truth tellers are on a particular topic. The media only exist to spin one side of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I can identify which media every person reads from their views. Me, I just follow Twitter, 50% left and 50% right, and I observe my chosen protagonists squabbling and arguing amongst themselves. It soon becomes apparent who the truth tellers are on a particular topic. The media only exist to spin one side of the story.
    Who are the truth tellers on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Who are the truth tellers on this one?
    The wind is in the sails of the anti-globalists, and the EU/Obama/Clinton/Merkel/May vision of the world is dead in the water. Personally I think we should abandon ship while we still can.

The wind is in the sails of the anti-globalists, and the EU/Obama/Clinton/Merkel/May vision of the world is dead in the water. Personally I think we should abandon ship while we still can.
    Hair brained gobbledegook as usual. You bragged about your predictive skills of identifying truth tellers form your finely balanced trawl of various media and commentators. On the specific subject of the Conservative Party's handling of Brexit who are the truth tellers?

There are no winners now, it's just a fecking mess.

I have 4 major customers, 1 British, 1 Japanese, 1 German & 1 French. We employ 400+ people & double that in our supply chain. THe French company will not renew our contracts unless we relocate to Rumania, the German company (who we've supplied since 1998) have changed their contract wording to "must be made within the EU", so 60% of our business (& the associated jobs) disappear in March 2020. The British company's sales are down 45%.

Whichever way this now plays out, at least 50% of our workforce won't have the employment they have today.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

I have 4 major customers, 1 British, 1 Japanese, 1 German & 1 French. We employ 400+ people & double that in our supply chain. THe French company will not renew our contracts unless we relocate to Rumania, the German company (who we've supplied since 1998) have changed their contract wording to "must be made within the EU", so 60% of our business (& the associated jobs) disappear in March 2020. The British company's sales are down 45%.

Whichever way this now plays out, at least 50% of our workforce won't have the employment they have today.
    You have my sympathies and I am sure this scenario is far from unique. I am working part-time on an EU contract as a sub-contractor to a Belgian firm because UK companies are already being excluded from tendering for EU work. Still I guess it's comforting that a few on this board will have the answers!

Still I guess it's comforting that a few on this board will have the answers!
    There is no way the EU's current plans can succeed without the support of the US, Japan, etc.. Trump was very quick to take the major partners of the US in a new direction. I'm afraid it's already game over for the EU, and the PM is absolutely wasting her time trying to turn back the clock. I'm looking forward to Friday's press conference!

There is no way the EU's current plans can succeed without the support of the US, Japan, etc.. Trump was very quick to take the major partners of the US in a new direction. I'm afraid it's already game over for the EU, and the PM is absolutely wasting her time trying to turn back the clock. I'm looking forward to Friday's press conference!
    If you wanted a recruitment and retention policy for the benefits of EU membership you could look no further than the chaos that current and prospective member states are witnessing from this shambolic approach to departure.

If you wanted a recruitment and retention policy for the benefits of EU membership you could look no further than the chaos that current and prospective member states are witnessing from this shambolic approach to departure.
    It's shambolic because they don't want us to leave, and those in charge of Brexit don't want to leave!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Couldn't sympathise more, I'm in the same boat though on a much smaller scale.

I'm certain that this will be going on all over the country