+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BoJo go byebyes

Re: BoJo go byebyes

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Maybe hair brained gobbledegook to you, but the big players on the world stage have already dropped the globalists strategy.

Watch the video above if you want to know who was double-dealing.
    I particularly liked the bit where Baker when asked about the complexity of Brexit and why that was not highlighted he said that you pick the arguments that you think will help you win. Is that the double dealing bit?

There is no way the EU's current plans can succeed without the support of the US, Japan, etc.. Trump was very quick to take the major partners of the US in a new direction. I'm afraid it's already game over for the EU, and the PM is absolutely wasting her time trying to turn back the clock. I'm looking forward to Friday's press conference!
    If you wanted a recruitment and retention policy for the benefits of EU membership you could look no further than the chaos that current and prospective member states are witnessing from this shambolic approach to departure.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    If you wanted a recruitment and retention policy for the benefits of EU membership you could look no further than the chaos that current and prospective member states are witnessing from this shambolic approach to departure.
    It's shambolic because they don't want us to leave, and those in charge of Brexit don't want to leave!

It's shambolic because they don't want us to leave, and those in charge of Brexit don't want to leave!
    Project Fantasy triumphed over Project Fear. It appears none of the protagonists have the stomach for Project Reality.

I particularly liked the bit where Baker when asked about the complexity of Brexit and why that was not highlighted he said that you pick the arguments that you think will help you win. Is that the double dealing bit?
    Utterly shameful from all the rats fleeing the sinking ship today. They started the campaign by painting the negotiations as a buffet where we would march in, pick what want and then shout at the EU to clean up the rest. They still seem to believe this today, but the test of their vision is that when May suggests a different direction (albeit vague and pointless), instead of outlining their vision, they scuttle off while saying 'well I wouldn't have done it like this'.

It has become so clear that they haven't the foggiest how to deliver what they promised during the campaign. And now we have Raab in charge who would remove ordinary working people's right to breathe his air if he could get it through parliament.

Project Fantasy triumphed over Project Fear. It appears none of the protagonists have the stomach for Project Reality.
    Very well put if I may say

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    There are no winners now, it's just a fecking mess.

I have 4 major customers, 1 British, 1 Japanese, 1 German & 1 French. We employ 400+ people & double that in our supply chain. THe French company will not renew our contracts unless we relocate to Rumania, the German company (who we've supplied since 1998) have changed their contract wording to "must be made within the EU", so 60% of our business (& the associated jobs) disappear in March 2020. The British company's sales are down 45%.

Whichever way this now plays out, at least 50% of our workforce won't have the employment they have today.
    Couldn't sympathise more, I'm in the same boat though on a much smaller scale.

I'm certain that this will be going on all over the country

Cross party consensus then, now that would really scupper gutless Brexiteers , but nope silence .

This is all about power , from left to right ,not one party gives a flying duck about workers or people its all about agenda and power, and they are ALL happy to see failure , as long as they are not seen to be compromising or making an unpopular brave decesion .

How can it be project fantasy when the world has already moved 180° in the opposite direction?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Cross party consensus then, now that would really scupper gutless Brexiteers , but nope silence .

This is all about power , from left to right ,not one party gives a flying duck about workers or people its all about agenda and power, and they are ALL happy to see failure , as long as they are not seen to be compromising or making an unpopular brave decesion .
    They are all too shit scared of the 52% to just tell the truth.

If there was a way off offering what people were told they were voting for (no free movement, free frictionless trade, make our own laws, no paying what we owe historically and no economic hit) then one of the brexiteers would have tabled it.

How can it be project fantasy when the world has already moved 180° in the opposite direction?
    This is not too tricky to comprehend:

£350m a week for the NHS as a direct consequence of leaving the EU;
    Net Immigration EU and non EU below 100k per annum including students (Tory target but Brexit delivered);
    Sovereignty of Parliament restored (before Gina Miller had to sue for it);
    Easy to negotiate Britain favourable trade deals with non-EU countries far more beneficial than the trade we would lose with the EU;
    Total ambiguity on the type of Brexit being proposed at the time of the referendum and promises that we could get all the benefits of being in the EU as well as those outside it (Boris cake and eat it).

Recognise any of this snake oil?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    They are all too shit scared of the 52% to just tell the truth.

If there was a way off offering what people were told they were voting for (no free movement, free frictionless trade, make our own laws, no paying what we owe historically and no economic hit) then one of the brexiteers would have tabled it.
    One of the myths that has grown up over the past two years is that all of the 52% voted for a particular kind of Brexit. That's just not true - people were basically asked do you like a particular organisation and less than half of the country when you go by those entitled to vote said they didn't. so this view carried the day.
    There were all sorts of reasons why the 52% voted the way they did, some of them fueled by ignorance because of the abysmal standard of the debate on both sides, but no matter what sort of Brexit we end up with, there are going to be large numbers within the 52 % that won't be happy with the outcome.
    What was needed was an informed national debate which could have taken months, or even years if need be. Instead we got ludicrous scaremongering on the one side and complete fantasy on the other as the most important decision this country faced since the second world war was rushed through to try and end a schism that has divided the governing party for decades, while the official opposition sat on it's hands hoping that no one would notice that they were riven by the same divide that afflicts the tories.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    One of the myths that has grown up over the past two years is that all of the 52% voted for a particular kind of Brexit. That's just not true - people were basically asked do you like a particular organisation and less than half of the country when you go by those entitled to vote said they didn't. so this view carried the day.
    There were all sorts of reasons why the 52% voted the way they did, some of them fueled by ignorance because of the abysmal standard of the debate on both sides, but no matter what sort of Brexit we end up with, there are going to be large numbers within the 52 % that won't be happy with the outcome.
    What was needed was an informed national debate which could have taken months, or even years if need be. Instead we got ludicrous scaremongering on the one side and complete fantasy on the other as the most important decision this country faced since the second world war was rushed through to try and end a schism that has divided the governing party for decades, while the official opposition sat on it's hands hoping that no one would notice that they were riven by the same divide that afflicts the tories.
    Excellent synopsis, TOBW.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I second that 😉👏

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    yes indeed , its interesting the new deal, is closer to most peoples opinions than ever before within parliament , I watched an listened to a few Labour MP's being asked that last night and there was a very uncomfortable wriggle reply as they do have there own splits,I wonder what would happen if one side or the other went to the country for a mandate ?

May could now see some calm , and Europe could now perhaps tray and do a deal , if they don't I'm pretty sure this Europe thinks by not agreeing or compromising they too are trying to force an election in the UK ,which in all probability will end up the same again 52/ 48 ,and on we go, and on we go , Friday is a big day in my view as the compromise will be with them followed by a decision on the 20 the I believe.