+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alan Lee.... Cross or shot

Alan Lee.... Cross or shot

Some of you will remember this. I think it was his first goal for City in Ninian Park after struggling and I think he meant it as a cross. If you saw it you will know the goal I mean. Canton End. Top left corner I think. Can anybody refresh my memory. Against Rotheram who he signed from maybe?

Thanks.

Previous memories cleared up include Ramsey v Cornforth tackle and Adams goal v Wrexham.

Re: Alan Lee.... Cross or shot

I remember it. Against Derby I think. I may be mixing a couple of different memories into one here but I seem to remember us putting four past them. And a fuss was made over a 16 year old coming on for Derby, tipped for great things... Any guesses?Must have been a while ago because it was on sky and I TAPED it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    I remember it. Against Derby I think. I may be mixing a couple of different memories into one here but I seem to remember us putting four past them. And a fuss was made over a 16 year old coming on for Derby, tipped for great things... Any guesses?Must have been a while ago because it was on sky and I TAPED it.

Huddelstone?

Yup

It was Derby, didn't end with a silly scoreline like 5-2 , from where I sat it looked like a cross that went wrong , funny though.

It wasn't the Derby 4-1 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post

I take it back sir.. Well remembered

Derby County H W 4 – 1 15,091 Lee, Kavanagh, Earnshaw, Collins

That concludes our business. Many thanks. A great board for the memories this one.