+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All 12 members of a Thai youth football team have been rescued after being trapped in a flooded cave

All 12 members of a Thai youth football team have been rescued after being trapped in a flooded cave

With 11 players and a sub, I'd have thought they would have got out a lot sooner!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/44755093

Re: All 12 members of a Thai youth football team have been rescued after being trapped in a flooded cave

Great news, just an awful shame that due to their condition and hospitalisation they wont be able to undertake their invitation to Sunday's WC Final. They ought to invite the divers instead.

Re: All 12 members of a Thai youth football team have been rescued after being trapped in a flooded cave

Genuinely delighted about this. The British guys who were apparently instrumental in the rescue should get a knighthood.

Fantastic news. It shouldn't be forgotten that one person died during the rescue operation but an absolutely incredible piece of work to get them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Great news, just an awful shame that due to their condition and hospitalisation they wont be able to undertake their invitation to Sunday's WC Final. They ought to invite the divers instead.
    When I heard that's what they'd been offered I thought that was such a great gesture and an experience which they would never forget.

Unfortunately for some, though the trauma of what they've been through is something they'll never forget.

Amazing rescue operation though.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Fantastic news. It shouldn't be forgotten that one person died during the rescue operation but an absolutely incredible piece of work to get them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Neymar's gone home.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Hear hear

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Hear hear
    Absolutely, now that’s what you call a hero

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Hear hear
    Agreed, but it's great that all thirteen of them have survived because I was sure they were goners ten days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed, but it's great that all thirteen of them have survived because I was sure they were goners ten days ago.
    Absolutely, for it to go so well was superb. I didn't think that they would get them all out alive. For non-swimmers, who had never used dive kit before, and in near zero visibility, to not panic was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    With 11 players and a sub, I'd have thought they would have got out a lot sooner!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/44755093
    Best news of the month ,well done to all those countries and folk around the world who did something ,nice to see others crossing the culturing divide ,its not all bad in the West .

They're coming home. Brilliant news.