+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: FRANCE 1 - 0 BELGIUM. Match thread

Re: FRANCE v BELGIUM. Match thread

How the **** is that not a free kick!

If these two want to play a best of three and play tomorrow and Sunday too then I wouldn't mind at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Are you serious he’s brilliant
    Hardworking , other than that what did he do this evening ? For all their talent France have been super didsciplined tonight .

Re: FT: FRANCE 1 - 0 BELGIUM. Match thread

Gutted France scored first. Don't like Deschamp he's a ****

Griesman absolutely everywhere tonight.
    Solid at the back and midfield.
    England have it all to do.

Hazard has been unplayable this world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Hazard has been unplayable this world cup.
    Quite the reverse. He was able to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Quite the reverse. He was able to play.
    Good spot.

Unplayagainstable. Hazard was unplayagainstable.

You can't help but be impressed with France. They totally shutdown a very talented Belgium but that was not the performance I was expecting from them. In some ways it was the least impressive performance this world cup and one that won't worry England if they repeat that in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Griesman absolutely everywhere tonight.
    Solid at the back and midfield.
    England have it all to do.
    I agree. There's more to him than just being a forward. He's Simeone's first defender and knows tactically what is needed every game.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    You can't help but be impressed with France. They totally shutdown a very talented Belgium but that was not the performance I was expecting from them. In some ways it was the least impressive performance this world cup and one that won't worry England if they repeat that in the final.

France haven't been overly impressive going forward this world cup. In the group stage they were tight at the back but quite disjointed going forward. Against Argentina they could have scored as many as they wanted to. Uruguay again they were well organised and balanced like tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Good spot.

Unplayagainstable. Hazard was unplayagainstable.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    More importantly are both of these teams capable of stopping England should the unthinkable happen tomorrow.
    Lets hope they can't stop Ingerlund, bring it home lads

France haven't been overly impressive going forward this world cup. In the group stage they were tight at the back but quite disjointed going forward. Against Argentina they could have scored as many as they wanted to. Uruguay again they were well organised and balanced like tonight.
    They are a tight team unit who can turn in disciplined games as tonight where they nullified Belguim ,turn it on with flair when its suits , just like Ingerlund and Cardiff have

Giroud couldn't hit a barn door.

Why is it always Barn Doors. Not all of us have access to them.

I agree. There's more to him than just being a forward. He's Simeone's first defender and knows tactically what is needed every game.
    I can understand why people are a bot underwhelmed by him, I was until this world cup where I've seen lots if him, but as you've said, defends from the front but even after all his lungbusting work, still has the poise to finish and guile to create for others.
    Mbappe has rightly taken the plaudits, blistering pace and cheek but Griesman is the General orchestrating everything.

Not sure how much of France's success was down to tactical nativity by Belgium (the goal was soft and Fellani, lucky to be included IMO, was at fault) but the French did seem manage the game fairly easily and have got plenty left for Sunday.

Giroud couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo mind and, although he wins a bit in the air, holds it up & brings people in and defends pretty decently (ok pretty good all in all!), is slow and IMO lucky to make the side. Luckily for him there's goals in everyone.

I must say, Belgium did come to try and play too and this suited France.
    England and Croatia might be able to grind them down and scrape a draw but with Kante and Pogba in the engine room, they look like world cup winners whoever they face.

Never quite became the classic it threatened to. The reason for that in my opinion was that France contained the Belgians fairly easily for the last two thirds of the match. Although I could understand why Martinez might be reluctant to use the same front three as he did against Brazil from the start, I wonder if he regrets that now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I do. I live in Somerset in case you hadn't guessed

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I always say, "cow's arse"