+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBC Pay

Re: BBC Pay

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's a Gov ploy to publish their salaries so the BBC lose their stars, start producing rubbish TV and then nobody will care when it becomes scaled back and becomes nothing more than a public information channel. They've made no secret of this.

In my opinion, the BBC is absolutely value for money and produces more than it's fair share of top TV programmes. Who would have thought that the countries' top entertainers get paid well?
    I dont think the point is whether the BBC is value for money. I think it is, they are world leaders in productions etc. I think its a disgrace they pay the pundits, especially Shearer that kind of money. He says the same crap every programme. How anyone can take him seriously when he managed a team (Newcastle) for about 6 games and coyldnt win any of them 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    I dont think the point is whether the BBC is value for money. I think it is, they are world leaders in productions etc. I think its a disgrace they pay the pundits, especially Shearer that kind of money. He says the same crap every programme. How anyone can take him seriously when he managed a team (Newcastle) for about 6 games and coyldnt win any of them ��
    And another waste of the licence payers money is the number of "reporters"they have out in Russia. Another bloody disgrace.

Jollies for the boys (and girls)!

I remember contacting the BBC during one of the Olympics (could have been Moscow) about the cost of the coverage and did they need the huge number of people they had there (this was just after the Freedom of Information thingy) I was told that the numbers and cost was thought to be commensurate to the importance of the event.