+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well into the second week at Wimbledon.................

Well into the second week at Wimbledon.................

and I can't remember seeing a thread about it on here yet - must admit the whole thing has rather passed me by this year.

Re: Well into the second week at Wimbledon.................

The fact Murray isn't playing doesn't really help but England's run in the World Cup has drawn all attention to football.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    and I can't remember seeing a thread about it on here yet - must admit the whole thing has rather passed me by this year.
    I did post something with a slight relevance yesterday in the "Advantage Ivanisevic" thread buy that was the Croat tennis star having a pop at the arrogance of the English people.

I'm with you in that I've not taken much interest in it this year either.
    There is only so much sport one can watch in a day I suppose but even on the days of no footy, I've not been tempted to turn it on.

May be partly down to the fact that Murray is not in it but I'm not sure.
    Has it lost its charm or perhaps they don't have the quality of Lineker and Shearer heading it up?

By the way after the footy tonight I'm hoping to add to the said thread
    Last edited by MacAdder; 11-07-18 at 14:16. Reason: Additional footnote

I just put it on now. First time I've looked at it the whole tournament. I think the football has taken all the attention away

If it hadn't been on in the day room in hospital, I didn't even know it had started.

70's/80's was the time for tennis, with some great battles.

F ucking boring now, with all these ace's and supa dupa rackets.

I think it's something to do with it being the same old faces dominating year after year. Federer may well be the best male player ever and Serena Williams one of the best female players ever, but when you see then still going on into their late thirties and looking likely winners this year, you start thinking where are the new names coming through to take over from them? If Federer doesn't win it this year, then who will? Again, you look at two players who have been around for well over a decade in Nadal and Djokovic - Wimbeldon's got tired I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I did post something with a slight relevance yesterday in the "Advantage Ivanisevic" thread buy that was the Croat tennis star having a pop at the arrogance of the English people.

I'm with you in that I've not taken much interest in it this year either.
    There is only so much sport one can watch in a day I suppose but even on the days of no footy, I've not been tempted to turn it on.

May be partly down to the fact that Murray is not in it but I'm not sure.
    Has it lost its charm or perhaps they don't have the quality of Lineker and Shearer heading it up?

By the way after the footy tonight I'm hoping to add to the said thread
    I did wonder whether I should mention your Ivanisevic thread .

Just turned it on and Federer is 2-2 3-3 sets games and love 30 to ?Anderson.
    Its defo lost something in the way of charm tho.

Edit: he won came back to win the game to 30

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Just turned it on and Federer is 2-2 3-3 sets games and love 30 to ?Anderson.
    Its defo lost something in the way of charm tho.

Edit: he won came back to win the game to 30
    Well, this could be embarrassing , but the truth is Anderson has been around for donkeys years as well - he's quite well into his 30s I should think.

Im missing Tim Murray, I did notice Rodney Federer went out to Willie Anderson ,and Sweaty Nadal is dripping everywhere, and that other fella Noddy Drovenick keeps thanking god a lot .

What's that getting in the old juice box, that Trever Hemline bangs on about

Gosh Sid Baker and Mannotrovala are looking old .