+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It's Coming Home

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: It's Coming Home

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    They get beaten by two good teams, one of those played a weakened side, scraped past Columbia on pens, yet they’re heroes? So over the top.
    Who cares, let them enjoy it, we would be. It's better than the usual postmortem you get, at least now most of them accept their position in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Who cares, let them enjoy it, we would be. It's better than the usual postmortem you get, at least now most of them accept their position in the game
    I agree but don't they (or some of them) enjoy it in a tiresome way? It's been #cominghome since Panama. Football's coming home was (partly) about hosting a tournament and this summer they made it about a trophy coming home, even though they (or any of the home nations) had nothing to do with the World Cup until 1950. Maybe it was all tongue in cheek, and perhaps I'm looking at this through daffodil tinted glasses but two years ago there was a sense of wonderment and disbelief about our run. Maybe they have more of a right to 'dare to dream' and there were plenty of people who just enjoyed the ride as we did, but that isn't how it comes across sometimes.

I wonder if They'll have an open top parade when they get back

Piers Morgan springs to mind

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    I wonder if They'll have an open top parade when they get back

Piers Morgan springs to mind
    I have also been fervently hoping they do a parade.