+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Unsustainable spending in the long run for a club of Fulham's size.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Unsustainable spending in the long run for a club of Fulham's size.
    Their owner is ridiculousky rich and they have premier league money. If he keeps them up for one season he pays for himself. And there's also a good chance he'll be worth double in a years time, he is a quality player and I imagine the fact he had a quiet (by his standards) season post christmas is the only reason they've managed to get him.

35 million isn't what it was 5 seasons ago, i worry when I see the signings Fulham and Wolves are getting that we are going to be left miles behind. Let's hope Warnock has a plan.

Great too spend that on a player, but they are gambling with the clubs future.
    1 relegation and look at Villa,s mess.

I believe that this is their first signing and they are in trouble. They currently only have 19 senior players on their books. Quite a few of their first team squad last season were on loan, left at the end of the season and they haven't resigned any of them. They also lost Fredericks to West Ham. This smacks of a desperation signing and there are only a few weeks left in the window. Thats not preparing for life in the Premier League - they are way behind us and Wolves.

I'm surprised Seri is moving to Fulham, or England in general. He's got chilblains, which could be interesting in our winters. I'd have thought he'd have gone to a top 6 club, or abroad to a warmer climate.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Their owner is ridiculousky rich and they have premier league money. If he keeps them up for one season he pays for himself. And there's also a good chance he'll be worth double in a years time, he is a quality player and I imagine the fact he had a quiet (by his standards) season post christmas is the only reason they've managed to get him.

35 million isn't what it was 5 seasons ago, i worry when I see the signings Fulham and Wolves are getting that we are going to be left miles behind. Let's hope Warnock has a plan.
    But the owner won't be there indefinitely and, unless, Fulham can make a place like Wembley their home ground, they are going to have, possibly, the second smallest capacity in the Premier League. I know attendances and ground size are not as important as they once were, but they are still a good indicator as to whether a club can sustain the sort of spending we are seeing from Fulham - it's not just the transfer fees, they must be paying a fortune in wages to Seri and the same applies to get Cairney, amongst others, to sign his new contract.

I think as long as they're in the premier league attendances don't matter one bit.

The thing is with players like Seri and Cairney is they're worth the money and they'll have no problem shifting them. I'm shocked Seri hasn't ended up at a bigger club, he's absolute class.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Proof that they have given up on Grujic and started working down their list of alternatives.

Just the tonic needed to get over the World Cup, he looks like he wants to cry in his picture with kit on

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Just the tonic needed to get over the World Cup, he looks like he wants to cry in his picture with kit on
    Wait till he sees and feels the rain, sleet, snow and wind, he'll be f ucking crying then.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wait till he sees and feels the rain, sleet, snow and wind, he'll be f ucking crying then.
    Or wait til he plays Cardiff away on a cold Tuesday night in feb

Seri price

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I believe that this is their first signing and they are in trouble.....This smacks of a desperation signing.....

Fabulous.

I believe that this is their first signing and they are in trouble. They currently only have 19 senior players on their books. Quite a few of their first team squad last season were on loan, left at the end of the season and they haven't resigned any of them. They also lost Fredericks to West Ham. This smacks of a desperation signing and there are only a few weeks left in the window. Thats not preparing for life in the Premier League - they are way behind us and Wolves.
    Wow just wow

Heisenberg

Apart from Targett and Mitrovic, the players they had on loan aren't Premier League quality - hence them struggling to make the Fulham first team on a regular basis. Kalas, Norwood and Piazon were the only other players that regularly made the squad and they are hardly going to be missed.

Cyrus Christie is probably quite capable of filling the void left by Fredericks.

As for Seri being a "desperation signing"... They've bought a highly rated player for approximately £25m (they've signed a defender from Nice as part of the deal, apparently). I wish we could panic buy a quality midfielder for our team too!

Signing a midfielder wanted by top clubs being a desperation signing is one of the best posts on here for a while, he's class and they've had a bargain even at that price. The whole "spending no money" being the popular thing on here these days is weird really. Players retain their value if you sign right, even last time we got rid of medel and caulker for a similar price ffs.

We were apparently "light years behind the Jacks" 4 or 5 years ago.

Time moves swiftly in football.

Signing a midfielder wanted by top clubs being a desperation signing is one of the best posts on here for a while, he's class and they've had a bargain even at that price. The whole "spending no money" being the popular thing on here these days is weird really. Players retain their value if you sign right, even last time we got rid of medel and caulker for a similar price ffs.
    We nearly went broke not long ago, it is hardly weird to think we should try and become a sustainable club. For every example of a club who has recouped equal money spent on their signings after relegation there are 10 that didn't.

Kante was a bargain for Leicester, this is an example of a club paying the upper bound of what a player is worth (probably in wages as well) so that he joins them and not a better club. I would be happier if we don't do that.

It’s. Not £35m with add on its £18m, compare how the markets gone in tne last 5 years, is this anymore than Cardiff payed for Madel?

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    It’s. Not £35m with add on its £18m, compare how the markets gone in tne last 5 years, is this anymore than Cardiff payed for Madel?
    I've seen a few figures about but great signing none the less

There you go, playing the man not the topic again. The point was that Fulham still only have a squad of 20 players, 21 if the Nice player signs as well. You cant survive in the Premier League with that. The transfer window has already been open for 7 weeks, there is only another 4 weeks to go and this is their first signing. They will need at least another 4 or 5 players just to get up to the full squad allowed. How much will they spend on that lot - £80m, £100m ?. Thats the route to bankruptcy, especially if they get relegated. When you talk about Caulker and Medel, you totally forget that we paid them large signing on fees and massive wages as well, so even if we did recoup most of their fees, we lost shed loads of money on them. We also lost £4.5m on Cornelius just on his transfer fee. If you think that we 'signed right' last time we went up, you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Apart from Targett and Mitrovic, the players they had on loan aren't Premier League quality - hence them struggling to make the Fulham first team on a regular basis. Kalas, Norwood and Piazon were the only other players that regularly made the squad and they are hardly going to be missed.

Cyrus Christie is probably quite capable of filling the void left by Fredericks.

As for Seri being a "desperation signing"... They've bought a highly rated player for approximately £25m (they've signed a defender from Nice as part of the deal, apparently). I wish we could panic buy a quality midfielder for our team too!
    So you are advocating City spending another £25-£30m on a midfielder then are you ?. That would make a total spend of around £50m - about half of what we will get from the TV money this season. Very sensible.

Heisenberg

So you are advocating City spending another £25-£30m on a midfielder then are you ?. That would make a total spend of around £50m - about half of what we will get from the TV money this season. Very sensible.
    Hi mate, glad you don't have me on ignore.

Care to reply to this one: http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...usterity/page2

If we spend around £50m on transfers this season, I assume you'll be calling for Warnock and Tan's head then, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hi mate, glad you don't have me on ignore.

Care to reply to this one: http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...usterity/page2

If we spend around £50m on transfers this season, I assume you'll be calling for Warnock and Tan's head then, yeah?
    What point are you trying to make there then. I am saying the same now as i was before. We have only spent £24m (Neil Warnocks figures) so far on four players - less than Fulham have spent on one. You appear to think we should spend over £50m, not me. We will spend around £30m max (Neil Warnocks figures) at most on about 5 or 6 players and recoup some of that in loan fees and transfers of players outside the squad. Thats realistic, sustainable, spending, not the route to bankruptcy, which you appear to advocate. PS. I think you need to find another 'hobby' - its getting a bit boring.