+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 34

Thread: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

  1. #1

    Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...


  2. #2

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Unsustainable spending in the long run for a club of Fulham's size.

  3. #3

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Unsustainable spending in the long run for a club of Fulham's size.
    Their owner is ridiculousky rich and they have premier league money. If he keeps them up for one season he pays for himself. And there's also a good chance he'll be worth double in a years time, he is a quality player and I imagine the fact he had a quiet (by his standards) season post christmas is the only reason they've managed to get him.

    35 million isn't what it was 5 seasons ago, i worry when I see the signings Fulham and Wolves are getting that we are going to be left miles behind. Let's hope Warnock has a plan.

  4. #4

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Great too spend that on a player, but they are gambling with the clubs future.
    1 relegation and look at Villa,s mess.

  5. #5

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    I believe that this is their first signing and they are in trouble. They currently only have 19 senior players on their books. Quite a few of their first team squad last season were on loan, left at the end of the season and they haven't resigned any of them. They also lost Fredericks to West Ham. This smacks of a desperation signing and there are only a few weeks left in the window. Thats not preparing for life in the Premier League - they are way behind us and Wolves.

  6. #6

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    I'm surprised Seri is moving to Fulham, or England in general. He's got chilblains, which could be interesting in our winters. I'd have thought he'd have gone to a top 6 club, or abroad to a warmer climate.

  7. #7

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Their owner is ridiculousky rich and they have premier league money. If he keeps them up for one season he pays for himself. And there's also a good chance he'll be worth double in a years time, he is a quality player and I imagine the fact he had a quiet (by his standards) season post christmas is the only reason they've managed to get him.

    35 million isn't what it was 5 seasons ago, i worry when I see the signings Fulham and Wolves are getting that we are going to be left miles behind. Let's hope Warnock has a plan.
    But the owner won't be there indefinitely and, unless, Fulham can make a place like Wembley their home ground, they are going to have, possibly, the second smallest capacity in the Premier League. I know attendances and ground size are not as important as they once were, but they are still a good indicator as to whether a club can sustain the sort of spending we are seeing from Fulham - it's not just the transfer fees, they must be paying a fortune in wages to Seri and the same applies to get Cairney, amongst others, to sign his new contract.

  8. #8

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    I think as long as they're in the premier league attendances don't matter one bit.

    The thing is with players like Seri and Cairney is they're worth the money and they'll have no problem shifting them. I'm shocked Seri hasn't ended up at a bigger club, he's absolute class.

  9. #9
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    7,619

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Proof that they have given up on Grujic and started working down their list of alternatives.

  10. #10

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Just the tonic needed to get over the World Cup, he looks like he wants to cry in his picture with kit on

  11. #11

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Just the tonic needed to get over the World Cup, he looks like he wants to cry in his picture with kit on
    Wait till he sees and feels the rain, sleet, snow and wind, he'll be f ucking crying then.

  12. #12

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Wait till he sees and feels the rain, sleet, snow and wind, he'll be f ucking crying then.
    Or wait til he plays Cardiff away on a cold Tuesday night in feb

  13. #13

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Seri price

  14. #14

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I believe that this is their first signing and they are in trouble.....This smacks of a desperation signing.....


    Fabulous.


  15. #15

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I believe that this is their first signing and they are in trouble. They currently only have 19 senior players on their books. Quite a few of their first team squad last season were on loan, left at the end of the season and they haven't resigned any of them. They also lost Fredericks to West Ham. This smacks of a desperation signing and there are only a few weeks left in the window. Thats not preparing for life in the Premier League - they are way behind us and Wolves.
    Wow just wow

  16. #16

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I believe that this is their first signing and they are in trouble. They currently only have 19 senior players on their books. Quite a few of their first team squad last season were on loan, left at the end of the season and they haven't resigned any of them. They also lost Fredericks to West Ham. This smacks of a desperation signing and there are only a few weeks left in the window. Thats not preparing for life in the Premier League - they are way behind us and Wolves.
    Apart from Targett and Mitrovic, the players they had on loan aren't Premier League quality - hence them struggling to make the Fulham first team on a regular basis. Kalas, Norwood and Piazon were the only other players that regularly made the squad and they are hardly going to be missed.

    Cyrus Christie is probably quite capable of filling the void left by Fredericks.

    As for Seri being a "desperation signing"... They've bought a highly rated player for approximately 25m (they've signed a defender from Nice as part of the deal, apparently). I wish we could panic buy a quality midfielder for our team too!

  17. #17

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Signing a midfielder wanted by top clubs being a desperation signing is one of the best posts on here for a while, he's class and they've had a bargain even at that price. The whole "spending no money" being the popular thing on here these days is weird really. Players retain their value if you sign right, even last time we got rid of medel and caulker for a similar price ffs.

  18. #18

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Their owner is ridiculousky rich and they have premier league money. If he keeps them up for one season he pays for himself. And there's also a good chance he'll be worth double in a years time, he is a quality player and I imagine the fact he had a quiet (by his standards) season post christmas is the only reason they've managed to get him.

    35 million isn't what it was 5 seasons ago, i worry when I see the signings Fulham and Wolves are getting that we are going to be left miles behind. Let's hope Warnock has a plan.
    We were apparently "light years behind the Jacks" 4 or 5 years ago.

    Time moves swiftly in football.


  19. #19

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Signing a midfielder wanted by top clubs being a desperation signing is one of the best posts on here for a while, he's class and they've had a bargain even at that price. The whole "spending no money" being the popular thing on here these days is weird really. Players retain their value if you sign right, even last time we got rid of medel and caulker for a similar price ffs.
    We nearly went broke not long ago, it is hardly weird to think we should try and become a sustainable club. For every example of a club who has recouped equal money spent on their signings after relegation there are 10 that didn't.

    Kante was a bargain for Leicester, this is an example of a club paying the upper bound of what a player is worth (probably in wages as well) so that he joins them and not a better club. I would be happier if we don't do that.

  20. #20

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    It’s. Not 35m with add on its 18m, compare how the markets gone in tne last 5 years, is this anymore than Cardiff payed for Madel?

  21. #21

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    It’s. Not 35m with add on its 18m, compare how the markets gone in tne last 5 years, is this anymore than Cardiff payed for Madel?
    I've seen a few figures about but great signing none the less

  22. #22

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Signing a midfielder wanted by top clubs being a desperation signing is one of the best posts on here for a while, he's class and they've had a bargain even at that price. The whole "spending no money" being the popular thing on here these days is weird really. Players retain their value if you sign right, even last time we got rid of medel and caulker for a similar price ffs.
    There you go, playing the man not the topic again. The point was that Fulham still only have a squad of 20 players, 21 if the Nice player signs as well. You cant survive in the Premier League with that. The transfer window has already been open for 7 weeks, there is only another 4 weeks to go and this is their first signing. They will need at least another 4 or 5 players just to get up to the full squad allowed. How much will they spend on that lot - 80m, 100m ?. Thats the route to bankruptcy, especially if they get relegated. When you talk about Caulker and Medel, you totally forget that we paid them large signing on fees and massive wages as well, so even if we did recoup most of their fees, we lost shed loads of money on them. We also lost 4.5m on Cornelius just on his transfer fee. If you think that we 'signed right' last time we went up, you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

  23. #23

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Apart from Targett and Mitrovic, the players they had on loan aren't Premier League quality - hence them struggling to make the Fulham first team on a regular basis. Kalas, Norwood and Piazon were the only other players that regularly made the squad and they are hardly going to be missed.

    Cyrus Christie is probably quite capable of filling the void left by Fredericks.

    As for Seri being a "desperation signing"... They've bought a highly rated player for approximately 25m (they've signed a defender from Nice as part of the deal, apparently). I wish we could panic buy a quality midfielder for our team too!
    So you are advocating City spending another 25-30m on a midfielder then are you ?. That would make a total spend of around 50m - about half of what we will get from the TV money this season. Very sensible.

  24. #24

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So you are advocating City spending another 25-30m on a midfielder then are you ?. That would make a total spend of around 50m - about half of what we will get from the TV money this season. Very sensible.
    Hi mate, glad you don't have me on ignore.

    Care to reply to this one: http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...usterity/page2

    If we spend around 50m on transfers this season, I assume you'll be calling for Warnock and Tan's head then, yeah?

  25. #25

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hi mate, glad you don't have me on ignore.

    Care to reply to this one: http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...usterity/page2

    If we spend around 50m on transfers this season, I assume you'll be calling for Warnock and Tan's head then, yeah?
    What point are you trying to make there then. I am saying the same now as i was before. We have only spent 24m (Neil Warnocks figures) so far on four players - less than Fulham have spent on one. You appear to think we should spend over 50m, not me. We will spend around 30m max (Neil Warnocks figures) at most on about 5 or 6 players and recoup some of that in loan fees and transfers of players outside the squad. Thats realistic, sustainable, spending, not the route to bankruptcy, which you appear to advocate. PS. I think you need to find another 'hobby' - its getting a bit boring.

  26. #26

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What point are you trying to make there then. I am saying the same now as i was before. We have only spent 24m (Neil Warnocks figures) so far on four players - less than Fulham have spent on one. You appear to think we should spend over 50m, not me. We will spend around 30m max (Neil Warnocks figures) at most on about 5 or 6 players and recoup some of that in loan fees and transfers of players outside the squad. Thats realistic, sustainable, spending, not the route to bankruptcy, which you appear to advicate.
    It's so easy...

    IF we spend around 50m on players this season will you criticise the men at the helm of our club for unrealistic, unsustainable spending, taking us on the route to bankruptcy? I ask this question as you will not allow anyone to criticise any aspect of the club or hold the opinion that spending is required in the division (to a certain extent) - so just answer the simple question, would you, please?

    I'll clarify the question just for you:

    "If Cardiff City spend approximately 50m on transfer fees this season (not including agency fees or signing on fees etc), will you criticise the club for overspending and potentially leading the club into financial difficulties?"

    I eagerly await your honest reply.

  27. #27

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Wow just wow
    If they get Into a poor run and that is easy in his league whomever you are ask Chelsea a few years back , they could be shot both financially and long term ,boom or bust ,ring a bell .

    Plan for the worse is my favoured objective ,everything after that is a posotive .

  28. #28

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    We still need another 6 players, lost a lot of our key loan players that got us promoted mitrovic and Targett hoping we Bri g in more ASAP

  29. #29

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It's so easy...

    IF we spend around 50m on players this season will you criticise the men at the helm of our club for unrealistic, unsustainable spending, taking us on the route to bankruptcy? I ask this question as you will not allow anyone to criticise any aspect of the club or hold the opinion that spending is required in the division (to a certain extent) - so just answer the simple question, would you, please?

    I'll clarify the question just for you:

    "If Cardiff City spend approximately 50m on transfer fees this season (not including agency fees or signing on fees etc), will you criticise the club for overspending and potentially leading the club into financial difficulties?"

    I eagerly await your honest reply.
    No - is that clear enough for you, you pedantic idiot ?. Its a stupid question really - you are totally ignoring the fact that we have only spent 24m so far and our 'budget' is 30m max - all clearly stated by NW at the forum two days ago, presumably because he is totally fed up of all the speculation about what we have spent and what we should spend by media and people like you. If Mr Tan wants to spend 100m of his money on players that is entirely up to him. My opinion is that a budget of 30m + or - is the best policy going forward but why should I criticise my club, owner and manager - I leave that up to you and others on here. I am actually looking forward to the season and enjoying the ride. Dont have time to be negative/pessimistic.

  30. #30

    Re: Fulham spend 35 million on midfielder Seri from Nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No - is that clear enough for you, you pedantic idiot ?.

    Loud and clear, you hypocrital prick

    Its a stupid question really - you are totally ignoring the fact that we have only spent 24m so far and our 'budget' is 30m max - all clearly stated by NW at the forum two days ago, presumably because he is totally fed up of all the speculation about what we have spent and what we should spend by media and people like you.

    It was a hypothetical question raised after your incessant criticism of posters who think that the club need to spend more than has been speculated by the club to stay in the division. You're more than happy to have a go at your fellow fans for those opinions, but should Warnock and the board realise we need to strengthen in January (for example) and spend a bit more, you will blindly follow it like the puppet that you are.

    If Mr Tan wants to spend 100m of his money on players that is entirely up to him.

    That's nice

    My opinion is that a budget of 30m + or - is the best policy going forward

    Mine too, although I feel like we still need to strengthen at RB, CM and need another striker - and we may need to spend to get them - whether that's in this window or in January

    but why should I criticise my club, owner and manager

    I'm not saying that you should - but if you're going to criticise your fellow fans for an opinion (spending more than you think we should) - and the board ends up sharing that opinion with them and spends between 15m-20m more before the end of the season (which isn't beyond all realms of possibility, despite what's been said so far), you will only be negative towards the fans who said it - so the club can literally do no wrong in your eyes.

    ...I leave that up to you and others on here.

    Show me one post where I've criticised the club, owner or the manager since Warnock has been appointed. In my private life, the only negative thing I've said since he became manager is that I don't rate the signing of Madine (still don't). I couldn't have higher praise for the club at the moment

    I am actually looking forward to the season and enjoying the ride.

    Me too. I think the business has been very shrewd so far and I'm delighted with the signings we've made. We still need a few more though. By the way, when I previously said "I wish we could panic buy a quality midfielder for our team too!" That was nothing but a dig at you for thinking Fulham signing Seri was an act of desperation. I thought that was obvious... but obviously not

    Dont have time to be negative/pessimistic.

    You're one of the most negative f**kers on here, you just can't see it because you think your 'heroic' defence of the club at every turn is a positive thing. It's not. It's the standpoint of a child who thinks people cannot do anything wrong and believes everything that they're told.
    This was all just to see if you were actually as hypocritical as I thought you were.... and I was wrong.

    You're somehow more hypocritical. Case closed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •