+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England tried to score when Croatia were celebrating their second goal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: England tried to score when Croatia were celebrating their second goal

Where has this 'rule' suddenly come from? It's just some joke someone made on Twitter, surely. No one has ever been able to just kick off when they feel like it.

Whoever first tweeted it must be very chuffed with themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Where has this 'rule' suddenly come from? It's just some joke someone made on Twitter, surely. No one has ever been able to just kick off when they feel like it.

Whoever first tweeted it must be very chuffed with themselves.
    I remember when Hudson scored from his own half against Derby, Gunnar didn't celebrate in the pile-on and stood in the Derby half. Someone then claimed it was to stop Derby from kicking off as all our players were in our half.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    I remember when Hudson scored from his own half against Derby, Gunnar didn't celebrate in the pile-on and stood in the Derby half. Someone then claimed it was to stop Derby from kicking off as all our players were in our half.
    I'd never heard that from back then. I'm sure if it was genuine then it would have happened before now and the resultant shit storm would have made it around the world within an hour.

Must be very unusual for goal celebrations to be in a teams own half. Maybe Derby could have kicked off in those circs.

Yes, I remember that as well. If Gunnar had been in our half they could have kicked off quite happily, as long as the ref agreed.

Fairly sure that is a genuine rule, although I doubt the ref would have been ok with it anyway.

Difference here is that most of Croatia's players are off the pitch, not in their own half