Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a team take an unreasonable amount of time celebrating, sometimes maybe when you need a goal you'd scream get on with it at them but that's more frustration rather than any actual belief they're infringing. The ref did the right thing in that hockey game but that's a different situation - there's a set amount of time you're allowed at half time and they went over. In terms of goal celebrations common sense should (and in my experience, is) applied
Good post again, hard to argue with any of that. Oddly enough, for the first time ever I did find myself getting frustrated with a couple of teams' second half celebrations last season. All the outfield players making their way to the far corner for a group hug and some fist pumping and then a nice leisurely 50-80 yard stroll back to their positions. I know all our players join in with celebrations too but at least we only score from set-pieces so they're all up that end already.

You're probably right though, teams aren't taking longer to celebrate, I'm just getting old and crotchety. It's a big part of the match day experience and I've always felt that officials who punish or curtail it are completely out of touch so I'd be a hypocrite to advocate quick restarts. Like you say, common sense should prevail.