Thread: Halford going

Halford going

Re: Halford going

Cheers Greg - hope you find another challenge quickly

Thanks Greg, valuable squad member, the type every successful club needs 👍

He seems a top lad. Brilliant squad member and epitomized everything that was good about us last season.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He seems a top lad. Brilliant squad member and epitomized everything that was good about us last season.
    Echo that. He was exactly what we needed. He was great at Pompey too

Top man. Did a job when called on too..

What a nice message.
    All the best to him, I'm sure he'll get another club no problem.

Thanks Greg. You are a total professional and an unsung but vital part of a promotion winning squad. All the best for the future.

Really nice message and I echo the sentimemts.

It also indicates that the club has a good feeling about it.

Best wishes for the future Mr Halford.

Comes across a nice bloke and it's good to see he genuinely enjoyed his time here.

Top professional who always did a job and a part of a promotion team built on players like himself who just got on with it each week with no dramas.

All the best in the future Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Seemed to be the perfect squad player: great cheerleader and did a good job whenever he was on the pitch.

Good luck with your next club. A return to Rotherham or a new club I wonder?

Good luck.

Definitely a future manager

From what we've learned from him over the past eighteen months, this message shouldn't come as a surprise. Let's be honest, did anyone get too excited when we signed him, but, all of the signs are that Greg was one of those players who brings more to a club than just what he does out on the pitch. In saying that, I could never understand those who said he couldn't play because he always impressed me more, in a quiet, all round competency way, than I had expected him to.

While I appreciate that quite a few of these appearances came in games where he was bought on as a sub to protect a lead, it's interesting to look at our league record in games he featured in;-

P 28 W 17 D 5 L 6 Pts. 56 - two points a game is a record any player could be proud of.

Thanks Greg and best of luck for the future.

Great professional..all the best Greg.

His attitude and professionalism seems typical of the squad Warnock has put together and why I am looking forward to this season! No prima donnas, lazy attitudes ... if we go down then we will know the players tried their best and won’t be for lack of effort or commitment!

Better long throw than gunnarson. Quite liked him as a player. Good luck for the future.