+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welsh / Anglo Welsh or British?

Re: Welsh / Anglo Welsh or British?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Many city fans would of supported England in the 90's. In fact quite a few would of travelled supporting them (don't lie). AA and like minded travelled following them. Half of them would of followed Lpool, Villa, Spurs ChelseA, West Ham etc when we were in div 3 and 4.

Use of "would of" is entirely inappropriate. You do not "of" anything. I would not contemplate supporting any side other than Wales or Cardiff City although would have been interested in watching games involving British teams. However, in the dark days of the lower leagues, when my son wore a Cardiff City shirt to his Junior school he was ridiculed by his school mates so pestered me for a Liverpool shirt which I reluctantly bought. You see plenty of people wearing Man U, Liverpool, Spurs Real Madrid, Barcelona etc shirts to this day so my guess is that it is not enough for these people to see Cardiff in the Premier league as they support success and not the occasional visitor to the UK's top league.
    Thanks teacher. What was your point again?

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    You lot tend to call second generation Irish 'Plastic Paddies.'

Jeez, he's a lucky fan. Euro semi 2016, WC semi 2018.
    Which 'lot' is that? I tend to call people by their name . Ive never heard the term 'Plastic Paddies' before.

International

That's odd, as I was reading this I found myself whistling ,'The Dambusters '
    You really are a sad bastard. You cannot think of a sensible reply so you resort to stupidity. It must be a national trait

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You really are a sad bastard. You cannot think of a sensible reply so you resort to stupidity. It must be a national trait
    Wow touchy!

Its maddening when you spend 20 minutes on a "we will fight them on the beaches" speech just so some Paddy can come along and mock you.

Have you freed Tommy yet? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Which 'lot' is that? I tend to call people by their name . Ive never heard the term 'Plastic Paddies' before.
    Do you live under a rock?

Thanks teacher. What was your point again?
    What was the question? The original post was so incomprehensible that I struggled to understand the question to which responses were required. Indeed I guess others also, from the varied replies received, found it difficult to respond to such a badly written post.

Do you live under a rock?
    No, I live between the rock and a hard place.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Typos, or you were pissed again?
    That’s the other stereotype he confirms to

At various times in my life I have been devastated or delighted when England lose.
    These days I am neither I'll take the piss if they deserve it and also happy to acknowledge when they deserve praise.

To suggest that a childish relationship with the football team of another nation motivated entirely by hate is something to aspire to is just wrong.

Welsh and British.

If you're born in Wales and your entire family are Welsh including your dog you're going to say Welsh. If you've got any English in your family you're going to say Welsh or British depending how much you can put up with the English wankers. If you say Anglo Welsh you're a sandwich short of a picnic and need to take a long hard look at your life.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    That’s the other stereotype he confirms to
    Straightoutacompton - I know you're my biggest fan. It was only a few weeks ago you sent me a message saying I was hilarious.
    Just because I don't meet fellow fans for a drink when I come over for a game. There's no need to be so upset.

Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I did too, although there was something I remember a while back about him living in Leeds and supporting them?
    I thought he was a Londoner and has a West Ham affiliation hhhmmmm

Yes
    I would rather be part of Europe and the EU than out of it

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Yes
    I would rather be part of Europe and the EU than out of it
    Ingerland are out, I am happy full stop.Any Anglophiles on here can p.ss off.Never forget you are Welsh

I'm Welsh and British. I don't want to be British but I am.

Don't get on your high horse about being Irish. Did you do anything?

Let’s be fair here Louth. You are a tool of the highest order.
    You should be more concerned about the ongoing troubles (yet again, and again) in Londonderry. A constant battle between 2 tribes, that really should be condemned to history by now!
    Thick as ****, and so predictable after all these yrs!!
    As four your op, British first, Welsh second.
    It says so on your passport!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Cardiff, Welsh, British. It’s not difficult!
    Exactly. Support City, Welsh teams in every sport, and Britain in the Olympics. Have supported England in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    No, I live between the rock and a hard place
    I live caught between the moon and New York City myself

Personally I consider myself to be Cornish and British

Cardiff born of Irish family, British and Irish passport, live Wales, Ireland and like being British too.

Louth, not sure what point you’re trying to prove (again) but as I told you the other week sneering at Welsh people as you frequently do makes you loolk an arse.

Be like most Irish people who have a confident yet likeable humility about them 👍

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Cardiff born of Irish family, British and Irish passport, live Wales, Ireland and like being British too.

Louth, not sure what point you’re trying to prove (again) but as I told you the other week sneering at Welsh people as you frequently do makes you loolk an arse.

Be like most Irish people who have a confident yet likeable humility about them 👍
    Youve covered most bases there. Was the Irish passport obtained after Brexit?

I'm not sneering, given the various replies, posters have given straight answers to the question.

Welsh and European-never support England other than cricket.Their media infuriates me because they never give credit to any of the Home Nations when we do well.Euro 2016 a prime example.This will go down well-I actually prefer Germany to England in football-lived their for 7 years, have German Godchildren-was a regular attendee at Borussia Monchengladbach for those 7 years and still go out to watch a game every season.

I support Cardiff, Wales and anyone playng England

Cardiff. Welsh. British. European.

In that order.

I support Cardiff City, Cardiff Blues, Glamorgan Cricket, Cardiff Devils, Wales in the football and rugby (both codes) and GB/UK if there is no Wales option - or Europe in that golf competition with the USA (even though I hate golf).

But just to be contrary, I support West Indies in international cricket. I have had a 50+ year strop about the team that plays under the England & Wales Cricket Board being called England. I don't care if I'm not rational on this - I will not support 'England'. If they (the authorities, the media... and the rest of the circus) can't be arsed to call the team England & Wales, I can't be arsed to pretend they have.

Youve covered most bases there. Was the Irish passport obtained after Brexit?

I'm not sneering, given the various replies, posters have given straight answers to the question.

Well I wouldn’t use an American teen like ‘covering the Bases’ as that’s an Americanism which is my pet hate. I’m quite happy with my background and perceptions of nationality.

Pre Brexit for your information.👍👍