+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump UK Visit

Trump UK Visit

Hopefully everything will go smoothly regarding our special relationship.

Re: Trump UK Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Hopefully everything will go smoothly regarding our special relationship.
    Putting aside the Trump, we do have a unique relationship that Europeans hate and envy .

Our security ties are probaly saving lives.

Our sharing of cultural likes, such as music , books, film have united us for decades.

They have been at our side, when many have faltered ,and us by theit's, we need to be carreful what we wish for , presidents come and go, history and partnership,culture and friendship remain .

President Trump drives a bulldozer through the government's central claims about their compromise - that the UK would be able to get decent trade deals with the wider world, while sticking to the EU rules.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44802315

"Both barrels" according to Laura Kuenssberg

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44816127

"Both barrels" according to Laura Kuenssberg

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44816127
    Excellent news. We can avoid poor trade deals with the US. A country that will look after itself above everything will hardly give us as good a deal as we have with the EU. No sub standard meat or food quality. Fab.

Brexiteers who think we are getting 'bullied' by the EU are salivating at the thought of a nice fair deal with US.

Really tells you how far outside of reality these people are living.

Donald trump interviewed in The Sun.

Ah it must be true 😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Brexiteers who think we are getting 'bullied' by the EU are salivating at the thought of a nice fair deal with US.

But but but he's our special friend

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

Brexiteers got terribly wound up when Obama said something about the Referendum, I wonder if they'll have much to say about Trump trying to dictate UK policy to a far greater extent?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Brexiteers got terribly wound up when Obama said something about the Referendum, I wonder if they'll have much to say about Trump trying to dictate UK policy to a far greater extent?
    I doubt it TOBW. None so blind as those that won’t see.

No surprise here, what happens in the event of a hard brexit?
    Uk is massively weakened, meaning we would be good cap in hand to the USA for a trade deal and would get completely reamed.

E.U. slightly weakened - good for USA as it maintains their position as top dog, and good for Russia as a weaker EU isn't likely to deal with them as strongly

It's also comical reading comments about protests and that baby blimp being disrespectful to the American president, yet now he's been rather disrespectful to our Prime Minister, nothing is said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    No surprise here, what happens in the event of a hard brexit?
    Uk is massively weakened, meaning we would be good cap in hand to the USA for a trade deal and would get completely reamed.

E.U. slightly weakened - good for USA as it maintains their position as top dog, and good for Russia as a weaker EU isn't likely to deal with them as strongly
    How dare you talk sense with regard Brexit. Facts and logic aren't allowed, only a blind faith that everything will be ok is acceptable.

Amazed that the poster who never wastes any opportunity to inform us of the minutiae of American politics has had nothing to say for over thirty hours about the President's bizarre, concerning, deceitful and contradictory (all down to "fake news" of course) utterings during that time;-

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...isit-from-hell

Amazed that the poster who never wastes any opportunity to inform us of the minutiae of American politics has had nothing to say for over thirty hours about the President's bizarre, concerning, deceitful and contradictory (all down to "fake news" of course) utterings during that time;-

Trump's comments would be bad enough at any time. But it's exactly at the time when we're leaving our Euro allies behind.

It's going to be a lonely period for the UK. The frightening thing is that we don't know how long for.

The internet quality on the Ayrshire coast is a bit patchy. I am sure he will return to the fray after his hero runs off to fawn over Putin in Helsinki

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Trump's comments would be bad enough at any time. But it's exactly at the time when we're leaving our Euro allies behind.

It's going to be a lonely period for the UK. The frightening thing is that we don't know how long for.
    Fighting in a war to defend British sovereignty is a frightening thing. Giving it away takes no courage at all. In fact, it is an insult to all of those who laid down their lives for our future democratic freedoms. The voice of the British people must be heard.

It's an open forum, you are allowed to contribute to the topic as a timelines develop. Taking digs at other posters is the cheap shop, even though I myself can't resist it from time to time

Thank you for updating the most events, it was better late than never!

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I doubt it TOBW. None so blind as those that won’t see.
    Yes nice old Obama ,didnt he suggest we would be at the end of queue when it came to trade deals with the USA ? argh that's was nice of him, hey ,did we have a blow up image of him, I just can't remember ?? anyway that old special relationship just keeps giving .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes nice old Obama ,didnt he suggest we would be at the end of queue when it came to trade deals with the USA ? argh that's was nice of him, hey ,did we have a blow up image of him, I just can't remember ?? anyway that old special relationship just keeps giving .
    Do you think that's why they made the trump blimp? Come on, you have more intelligence than this.

It's an open forum, you are allowed to contribute to the topic as a timelines develop. Taking digs at other posters is the cheap shop, even though I myself can't resist it from time to time

Thank you for updating the most events, it was better late than never!
    Your silence was very telling though.

Do you think that's why they made the trump blimp? Come on, you have more intelligence than this.
    Of course I was just pointing out that both Presidents have made very unhelpful comments about us around Brexit, hence my wonder about special relationships, I've had very few of those relationship in my life and they have shown more loyality.

Of course I was just pointing out that both Presidents have made very unhelpful comments about us around Brexit, hence my wonder about special relationships, I've had very few of those relationship in my life and they have shown more loyality.
    So why bring the blimp into it? You know it wasn't there because of trump's brexit chat.

So why bring the blimp into it? You know it wasn't there because of trump's brexit chat.
    Well perhaps we should be consistent with all visitors ,we have had many awful dictators, and un democratic ones, on our shores,where were the blimps then, or is this a slecfic time and plotical comment where we are selective in who we dislike ,depending on the political divide, our capital city happens to sitting on .

For instance would we see one of Putin floating above the capital ?

Well perhaps we should be consistent with all visitors ,we have had many awful dictators, and un democratic ones, on our shores,where were the blimps then, or is this a slecfic time and plotical comment where we are selective in who we dislike ,depending on the political divide, our capital city happens to sitting on .

For instance would we see one of Putin floating above the capital ?
    Maybe from now on we will be consistent. Got to start somewhere, why not now?

I'd be in favour. Something tells me you're not?