+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Huddersfield / Yorkshire / Peak district advice

Huddersfield / Yorkshire / Peak district advice

I'm thinking of planning an August bank holiday weekend trip away - the wife wants beach but I'm thinking ... 'oh look Cardiff are playing in a really nice part of the country why don't we go there, I'll only be gone a couple of hours on the Saturday'. I'd take them to the game if I could get tickets, but not sure I'll get one myself yet.

Got to try and sell it to the wife and don't really know that area very well - any suggestions on things to do, places to stay, in or not far from Huddersfield. Kids are 5 and 7, can do 2 or 3 nights if needs be.

Any one travelled to or live near there that can help, thanks

Re: Huddersfield / Yorkshire / Peak district advice

Thinly veiled ‘Can anyone put my family up for a few days for f*ck all?’ 😂😂😂

Huddersfield is in West Yorkshire so you could stay anywhere in the county. I'd recommend staying in Holmfirth if you want to be really near to the ground. For a city break you should stay in Leeds - there's loads to do. In Halifax there is the Eureka museum which would be ideal for your children. If you want to stay somewhere special I'd go to Ilkley which is really beautiful with quite a few hotels and a huge outdoor lido.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Thinly veiled ‘Can anyone put my family up for a few days for f*ck all?’ 😂😂😂
    Thanks - if you're offering, my Mrs is rubbish on directions so I'll drive in a big circle for a couple of hours and drop them off to you in Splott park. Do me a favour just say 'ee by gum, welcome tut Uddersfield'.

I'll pick em up about 9ish.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Huddersfield is in West Yorkshire so you could stay anywhere in the county. I'd recommend staying in Holmfirth if you want to be really near to the ground. For a city break you should stay in Leeds - there's loads to do. In Halifax there is the Eureka museum which would be ideal for your children. If you want to stay somewhere special I'd go to Ilkley which is really beautiful with quite a few hotels and a huge outdoor lido.
    Thanks for that mate - I've obviously heard of all of those places but didn't have clue what there was do there.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Thanks - if you're offering, my Mrs is rubbish on directions so I'll drive in a big circle for a couple of hours and drop them off to you in Splott park. Do me a favour just say 'ee by gum, welcome tut Uddersfield'.

I'll pick em up about 9ish.
    All reet, I’ll see thee baht 9 then😜