+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taffs Well v Cardiff

Re: Taffs Well v Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Very impressive. You've only missed one, Dean Kiely saved his penalty after Carson was sent off for head-butting Chopra in 2009 (he scored from the rebound though).

Here's the full list; 28 scored, 5 missed.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/peter-...wettbewerb_id=
    Aha, I didn't think he'd missed that many. He was shite at them, then lol

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He missed three I can remember in 10/11 - David Forde saved one of them and there were others at Barnsley and Palace. He missed one at Norwich in 14/15 as well (to me, a penalty is missed if it doesn't end up in a goal pure and simple).
    In my defence, I would say that having done such painstaking research earlier in the thread, I relied solely on my memory this time - I'd also ask you to look at the time I posted about Whitt's missed penalties, I'd barely stumbled out of bed .

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Trying to think if Whittingham ever missed one for us. I have a feeling he did, once, but I can't think for the life of me who it was against. He was as good as anyone ever has been from the spot.
    Missed one against palace away

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    It was a poor pen. Thought the Taffs Well keeper did well, the double save he made in the 1st half was superb.
    I see a lot of ‘poor pen’ comments.
    Madine, Henderson, now this..
    Besides the fact I was at the other end of the pitch so didn’t have the best view it looked to me he’d hit it hard and to the keepers left,

Keeper guessed correctly and made an excellent save.

Why was it poor ?

If the keeper had been a bit slower or gone the other way it would have gone in and then there would have been no comment.

By the way, I thought their keeper did well all game

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He impressed me more than the others.

Fair play, loads of photos on twitter of the first team taking pics with fans. The kids would have been made up with that. Proper club

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    He impressed me more than the others.
    I'm pretty sure he played a couple of games for the development team late last season and, if it was him, he did pretty well in the second of them - wouldn't be surprised to see him get a few more chances in the next week or two.