+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taffs Well v Cardiff

Taffs Well v Cardiff

Team: Camp, Coxe, Taylor, Veale, Brown, J. McKay, Evans, Shaw, Healey, Waite, M. Harris.

Subs: Pryce, Hall, Martin, Bodenham, Baxter, Elvis, Sumner, Borrows, Wootton, McLean.

Some I've heard of but a few new to me in the starting XI and most of the subs. Are they coming up from younger age groups? I see Elvis is in the building (that poor kid must have heard it all by now).

Re: Taffs Well v Cardiff

Camp and Healey the most experienced in the starting line up and both due to play for an hour.

First team squad are at Taff's Well meeting the fans

City are wearing the new away kit tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Team: Camp, Coxe, Taylor, Veale, Brown, J. McKay, Evans, Shaw, Healey, Waite, M. Harris.

Subs: Pryce, Hall, Martin, Bodenham, Baxter, Elvis, Sumner, Borrows, Wootton, McLean.

Some I've heard of but a few new to me in the starting XI and most of the subs. Are they coming up from younger age groups? I see Elvis is in the building (that poor kid must have heard it all by now).
    Nearly all fairly regular in the U23's last season but only two of the subs are familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Nearly all fairly regular in the U23's last season but only two of the subs are familiar.
    Wales Online saying 2 of the starters are trialists, and there are another 8 trialists (out of 10!) on the bench

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-14906085

One of the starting trialists is a lad called Brayden Shaw from Bangor City.

1-0 City - Healy

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    1-0 City - Healy
    It's happening all over again sneak a one nil at the Well successful Cornish tour, boom Champions league.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's happening all over again sneak a one nil at the Well successful Cornish tour, boom Champions league.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

2-0 Healey banging them in

2-0 Healey banging them in
    And missing penalties.

Hope Elvis signs for us just for the name

Hope Elvis signs for us just for the name
    Is he the bloke from the chip shop?

Nice try with the research, Other Bob, especially when googling Elvis.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And missing penalties.
    Looked a good save to me

Even the best miss penalties #Madine #Hoilett #Messi #Ronaldo

Trying to think if Whittingham ever missed one for us. I have a feeling he did, once, but I can't think for the life of me who it was against. He was as good as anyone ever has been from the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Trying to think if Whittingham ever missed one for us. I have a feeling he did, once, but I can't think for the life of me who it was against. He was as good as anyone ever has been from the spot.
    Off the top of my head I’m sure he missed one away at Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Looked a good save to me
    It was a poor pen. Thought the Taffs Well keeper did well, the double save he made in the 1st half was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He missed three I can remember in 10/11 - David Forde saved one of them and there were others at Barnsley and Palace. He missed one at Norwich in 14/15 as well (to me, a penalty is missed if it doesn't end up in a goal pure and simple).

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Nice try with the research, Other Bob, especially when googling Elvis.
    Cheers, I'll be surprised if we end up taking on Brandon Borrows.

He missed three I can remember in 10/11 - David Forde saved one of them and there were others at Barnsley and Palace. He missed one at Norwich in 14/15 as well (to me, a penalty is missed if it doesn't end up in a goal pure and simple).
    Very impressive. You've only missed one, Dean Kiely saved his penalty after Carson was sent off for head-butting Chopra in 2009 (he scored from the rebound though).

Here's the full list; 28 scored, 5 missed.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/peter-...wettbewerb_id=

A remember him missing a couple but scoring the rebound as well. West Brom about 10 years ago springs to mind.