+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City "in talks" with Zenit about loaning Dzyuba.

City "in talks" with Zenit about loaning Dzyuba.

Taken from https://twitter.com/MedioTransfer

#INTALKS : #CardiffCity tengah bernegosiasi dengan #Zenit untuk meminjam Artem Dzyuba selama 1 musim + opsi permanen [X-Files NA]
    Translated from Indonesian by Microsoft
    #INTALKS middle #CardiffCity: negotiate with #Zenit Artem Dzyuba to borrow during season 1 + permanent option [X-Files NA]

Re: City "in talks" with Zenit about loaning Dzyuba.

X-Files

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Taken from https://twitter.com/MedioTransfer

#INTALKS : #CardiffCity tengah bernegosiasi dengan #Zenit untuk meminjam Artem Dzyuba selama 1 musim + opsi permanen [X-Files NA]
    Translated from Indonesian by Microsoft
    #INTALKS middle #CardiffCity: negotiate with #Zenit Artem Dzyuba to borrow during season 1 + permanent option [X-Files NA]
    I hope not - if we sign him it's going to be non-stop hoofball and endless long throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I hope not - if we sign him it's going to be non-stop hoofball and endless long throws.
    Is that how Zenit play ?

65 goals In 133 games

We ain’t going to be the Welsh Barcelona anyhow , need a proven goal scorer

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I don't think we'll change our tactics and philosophy to accommodate a large target man.

If you don't quite understand our current tactics, watch this:

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I don't think we'll change our tactics and philosophy to accommodate a large target man.

That's a very clip .

Good video that.

Spooky Tree,

Thanks for posting that excellent video.

My thanks for posting that again. It's a great explanation of how we try and play but it is amazing how few of our fans understand that there is a structure to what we do.

No worries guys! It is an excellent video.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    My thanks for posting that again. It's a great explanation of how we try and play but it is amazing how few of our fans understand that there is a structure to what we do.
    Warnock does make it quite clear how we play, I just don't think people listen to him. They see it as long ball and they want to be right, but they couldn't be more wrong.

It's quick transitions from defence to attack and as soon as we're in the final 3rd we'll gladly play nice football. No point doing that in our own half like Swansea, Wolves or Fulham.

It's quick transitions from defence to attack and as soon as we're in the final 3rd we'll gladly play nice football. No point doing that in our own half like Swansea, Wolves or Fulham.
    The only issue I have with it is that there are times when we thrash the ball aimlessly upfield rather than try and control it. Playing the quick forward ball needs some intelligence with it, but at times we simply present the ball back to the opposition. As an example, ball played inaccurately towards the edge of our box, where Bamba or Morrison or someone else easily intercepts with time to spare. Instead of controlling the situation, looking for someone to offload the ball to in space to build an attack, the ball is immediately hoofed forward on the volley into no man's land, where none of our forwards are ready for or expecting it, so it comes straight back. Teams in the Premier League who are naturally better in possession than they are in the Championship will keep gobbling up possession and will put us under far more pressure than we had to face last season.

Leicester winning the PL is the perfect blueprint of how to play that type of game. They didn't whack it forward at every given opportunity.

Warnock does make it quite clear how we play, I just don't think people listen to him. They see it as long ball and they want to be right, but they couldn't be more wrong.

Doing it in your own half has its own advantages by dragging the opposition midfield forward.

Nice video. Interesting about the defensive covering. Sometimes it does look all over the gaff but I guess there is organisation to it

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The only issue I have with it is that there are times when we thrash the ball aimlessly upfield rather than try and control it. Playing the quick forward ball needs some intelligence with it, but at times we simply present the ball back to the opposition. As an example, ball played inaccurately towards the edge of our box, where Bamba or Morrison or someone else easily intercepts with time to spare. Instead of controlling the situation, looking for someone to offload the ball to in space to build an attack, the ball is immediately hoofed forward on the volley into no man's land, where none of our forwards are ready for or expecting it, so it comes straight back. Teams in the Premier League who are naturally better in possession than they are in the Championship will keep gobbling up possession and will put us under far more pressure than we had to face last season.

Leicester winning the PL is the perfect blueprint of how to play that type of game. They didn't whack it forward at every given opportunity.
    I think it is fairly obvious we do not possess even the best players in the Championship in terms of ball skills - let alone the Prem. The Club have decided to go with team spirit and tactics to try and counter individual flair in the Prem, whilst also trying to raise the quality of the players in our team slightly. Do I think it will work? I don't know, but I think it has an outside chance of keeping us in the Prem next year. More likely is that we come down but with a stronger squad and try and build on that.

We're about to get the most fascinating demonstration of whether a lifetime's accumulated managerial knowledge and team spirit are sufficient to survive in the Prem. What we won't be, this time round, is another Leicester. That's not to say that style is not a good one to aim for in the future.

Great video

Good post.

I felt this is what Croatia did to England on Wednesday in the second half , they went with 3 up front to put pressure on England’s goalkeeper and back 3 causing them to either hit aimless long “passes” to an isolated and static Kane or make short passes to the wide players who were now deep in their own half as the wing backs and “wingers” had dropped back to help or be available to receive passes in their half not the final third of the pitch.