+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another player linked Vieira

Another player linked Vieira

Re: Another player linked Vieira

Two great names for 1 average player imo

Alan Nixon loves his own publicity. His hit rate on transfers is no better than the other tabloid hacks. I guess we'll see.

£8M for a 19yo is definitely a gamble but England obviously see something in him, playing him 2 years above his age group.

In the games against us, I've not even registered whether he was on the pitch or not.

We need experience, guile and know how in centre mid.

It does strike me as a NW type of move though! One for the future (cough!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Two great names for 1 average player imo
    His twin Brother, who is also a footballer, is named Romario-Those two on the pitch at the same time would be a quizmasters delight.

Are we shopping in the twins market now?

Decent player, tonnes of potential.

If he'd been a girl would he have been called Chardonnay Prosseco ?

Considering it's Nixon's story & Vieira is supposed to be a future megastar, I'm surprised this story has got only 6 comments & virtually no reaction on the Leeds forums & those are diverse as "I'll drive him there" to "he's worth £18 million".

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Considering it's Nixon's story & Vieira is supposed to be a future megastar, I'm surprised this story has got only 6 comments & virtually no reaction on the Leeds forums & those are diverse as "I'll drive him there" to "he's worth £18 million".
    I went to both our games vs Leeds last season, and he was the worst centre mid on the pitch in the away game. I live in Leeds and he's certainly not as highly rated after last season than his first year. That's not to say that he's a bad player and they certainly had poor management last season but he was bullied by Ralls, Grujic and Paterson in February. He certainly doesn't strike me as a typical "Warnock centre mid".

Admittedly, I thought he was a bit older than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I went to both our games vs Leeds last season, and he was the worst centre mid on the pitch in the away game. I live in Leeds and he's certainly not as highly rated after last season than his first year. That's not to say that he's a bad player and they certainly had poor management last season but he was bullied by Ralls, Grujic and Paterson in February. He certainly doesn't strike me as a typical "Warnock centre mid".

Admittedly, I thought he was a bit older than he is.
    He suffered from tendonitis last season apparently. Could explain why he played so little.