+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mac Book Pro - Any Users ?

Mac Book Pro - Any Users ?

After some deliberation I decided to completely blow my budget and replace my aging laptop with a mac book pro. I am really pleased, especially with the clarity and quality for photo editing and when my new mouse arrives will be downloading a lightroom trial to have a play, with what looks to be an amazing piece of software.

Here's where I need a bit of advice, how do I stop those annoying adverts, that are plentiful on this site ?

Thanks In Advance.

Re: Mac Book Pro - Any Users ?

I use my macbook for music production, and at all other times it's a mat/stand for things.

I would assume to answer your question you just use Chrome instead of the very crap Safari and use an adblocker such as uBlock Origin.

Adblock plus.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Adblock plus.

The hardware is excellent but it is so limiting for real work. I bought a top of the range one many years ago along with a top end PC laptop. I used the MacBook about 3 times as the software for what I needed was rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I use my macbook for music production, and at all other times it's a mat/stand for things.

I would assume to answer your question you just use Chrome instead of the very crap Safari and use an adblocker such as uBlock Origin.

Keep away from anything google, Safari is fine. DuckDuckGo is a brilliant search engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Keep away from anything google, Safari is fine. DuckDuckGo is a brilliant search engine.
    justify your comments.

justify your comments.

Try out DuckDuckGo. Search “my activity” on your google account, you’ll soon see what it’s all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Try out DuckDuckGo. Search “my activity” on your google account, you’ll soon see what it’s all about.

I'm well aware how google collects information and I personally have no problem with it. Yes a lot of it is sold to advertisers but they also use it for machine learning and AI, which interests me, so it's fine by me.

Issue is Apple's slow uptake on upgrading their range to the new Intel 8th gen processors which out match their 7th gen predecessors considerably in terms of performance and efficiency.

Windows laptops have been out since November last year with the upgrade but still those who wish to use the mac OS are lumbered with a wait until it makes its way into the mac line-up. Perhaps that will be in Q4 of this year, so maybe hang fire until then.

I'm well aware how google collects information and I personally have no problem with it. Yes a lot of it is sold to advertisers but they also use it for machine learning and AI, which interests me, so it's fine by me.
    You pays your money, you takes your choice.

Did the same about 3 years ago when my laptop died, never regretted it. Have upgraded the ram to 16gb. My only concession to microsoft is a hooky copy of office for work purposes.

They are pricey (especially the new models) but you'll get your moneys worth over time and its largely hassle free

I use Ka-Block. Does the job for me.

I bought my MacBook 6 years ago come september. Best purchase I ever made. Runs like new.