+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheeky loan bid for Ampadu?

Re: Cheeky loan bid for Ampadu?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Would have him here in a flash but I’d imagine he won’t go out on loan until he’s 18/19.
    I remember you mentioned him a couple of years ago as a player to watch, well spotted!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I remember you mentioned him a couple of years ago as a player to watch, well spotted!
    I did indeed, and what a player he looks already at just 17!

He would be an excellent signing

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Would have him here in a flash but I’d imagine he won’t go out on loan until he’s 18/19.
    He would be a very exciting signing.

But....

Chelsea don't look like a club that are capable of making quick decisions before Thursday 5.00 pm. They are playing catch up and have little idea if they can keep some of their key players. I expect them to be very conservative and carry a lot of fringe players - especially if (like Ampadu) they don't count towatds the 25 man squad.

Warnock has intimated that he is looking for experience (in addition to or instead of Grujic) in midfield, but hinted that he was looking at a younger Premier League player from one of the big clubs as a forward addition. That doesn't sound like Ampadu. That is one reason why Huddlestone sounds possible and Negredo sounds unlikely (though probably turn out to be wrong on both).

Way too young , won't get old skool Warnock, we need an older head , who has a bit more experience and is savy .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Way too young , won't get old skool Warnock, we need an older head , who has a bit more experience and is savy .
    What won't he get?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He played his first professional game for Exeter when he was only 15, and he won the man of the match award! I reckon he would play the same whether it was a Sunday kick about, or if he was playing for Brazil. It's remarkable how cool he is, I don't think it's normal.

Good first-half performance against Lyon this evening, and best Chelsea player on the pitch according to pundits Wise & Flo. Match is live on Premier Sports.

Neil (or his wife) reads this message board!

Ethan Ampadu: Neil Warnock wants Chelsea player at Cardiff City

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45519288

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Neil (or his wife) reads this message board!

Ethan Ampadu: Neil Warnock wants Chelsea player at Cardiff City

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45519288
    I don't think that they would let him come to us.