+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheeky loan bid for Ampadu?

Cheeky loan bid for Ampadu?

He was a personal project for Conte, so not sure what his position will be under the new manager. Will Sarri be prepared to introduce youngsters, or will he go for established players in order to keep his job? Ampadu is exactly the type of player we need, Neil!

Re: Cheeky loan bid for Ampadu?

He sounds like one of those soya based yogurts

Really? He's a talented kid but we don't need any more defensive players, we need creative incisive midfielders & an option centre forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Really? He's a talented kid but we don't need any more defensive players, we need creative incisive midfielders & an option centre forward.
    He can play in midfield and is a good passer of the ball, especially long passes. We also need a defensive midfielder in front of the defence, as it's going to be a long season for them.

If he wasn’t welsh we wouldn’t even be talking about him. Not for me. Need experience in there.

I think he would be perfect for us. Fits the Warnock mould in that he is big and strong and would be the perfect anchor in our midfield

The bits I've seen of him I thought he was class.Looks comfortable and unflustered in possession and can see a pass.At his age he could anything in a couple of years.Wouldn't mind him in the squad.

If we could have a Chelsea midfielder in loan he would be down the list anyway Chelsea see him as a CB, if we could have mason mount that would be an excellent signing

No chance.

Chelsea loan out at least 30 players each season but I don’t think he’ll be one of them this year

Given his lack of experience I doubt that Warnock would even consider him a faint possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Given his lack of experience I doubt that Warnock would even consider him a faint possibility.
    I've loved our signings so far and I think Ampadu is a class act but I think we do need someone in there a little more experienced. Would be great in the squad but I guess he will be looking for more games than we could offer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He didn't look out of place against the current world champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Chelsea loan out at least 30 players each season but I don’t think he’ll be one of them this year
    It all depends on the new manager, Ampadu was a Conte player who was getting the special nurturing treatment. Given he temperament of the owner, Chelsea managers would probably be better off buying world class finished products, so that they can meet their demanding targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It all depends on the new manager, Ampadu was a Conte player who was getting the special nurturing treatment. Given he temperament of the owner, Chelsea managers would probably be better off buying world class finished products, so that they can meet their demanding targets.
    Sarri is a coach first, he hardly bought anyone at Napoli and I expect the same will be done at Chelsea. They're wanting to move away from splashing the cash and I would expect Ampadu to get more of a look in under Sarri than Conte, unless he leaves on loan, which is Chelsea's business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Sarri is a coach first, he hardly bought anyone at Napoli and I expect the same will be done at Chelsea. They're wanting to move away from splashing the cash and I would expect Ampadu to get more of a look in under Sarri than Conte, unless he leaves on loan, which is Chelsea's business model.
    Oh well, I wonder who will be the new manager next season

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Oh well, I wonder who will be the new manager next season
    Sarri, in all likelihood. You don't appoint Sarri for a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Sarri, in all likelihood. You don't appoint Sarri for a season.
    Has anybody told Abramovich this?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    If he wasn’t welsh we wouldn’t even be talking about him. Not for me. Need experience in there.
    See Craig Bellamy's comment about this player in another thread!!!!

Ampadu has been getting pre-season game time under the new manager in a back three, playing just behind new signing Jorginho. Their interplay has been good, so maybe he is destined for bigger things? The 17 year-old is looking a bit beyond us at the moment, and Wales need to get their future captain capped a.s.a.p.

The youngster had a great pre-season, superb passing, 98% accuracy in some games including eye-catching long balls. It's a pity he wouldn't come here for a season on loan cos the lad is unflappable. I'm expecting big things in the future from this young man, and hopefully Ashley Williams can hang on for a bit until this guy is ready to lead the Welsh defence.

3 weeks ago I was critical of this option (see above!) but now I'd snap their hand off to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    3 weeks ago I was critical of this option (see above!) but now I'd snap their hand off to get him.
    He's definitely one for the future, his composure is incredible for his age and he just takes everything in his stride. It's always tricky with youngsters knowing when to chuck them into the deep end, but I can see Giggs playing him out of necessity.

Would have him here in a flash but I’d imagine he won’t go out on loan until he’s 18/19.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    See Craig Bellamy's comment about this player in another thread!!!!
    At least give the name of the thread! Second time, first was another poster, a mystery thread as been mentioned and I have to go looking for it.