+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gareth Southgate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gareth Southgate

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think it's pleasing because they know their level now. I think the wider public have more knowledge of other European players, so they don't assume that England have one of the top 2 squads and should be getting to the final every year.
    I love the wishful thinking, but a lot of them expected Croatia to be an easy victory

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I love the wishful thinking, but a lot of them expected Croatia to be an easy victory
    I don't think so at all, not the ones I spoke to.
    A few years ago losing to Croatia would have been a disaster, these days they understand a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think so at all, not the ones I spoke to.
    A few years ago losing to Croatia would have been a disaster, these days they understand a bit more
    ITV's news report following the loss said that "Croatia aren't a great side", a lot of their pundits thought they'd win fairly easily including Ferdinand who said it would be "straightforward".

I saw a lot of hubris at the World Cup when they only actually beat 3 sides despite not playing that well, scraping past one of those in Tunisia. They lack a proper playmaker in that side, I wonder what they'd give for Aaron Ramsey to be in the middle