+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Camp, Tomlin and Pilkington told they can leave Cardiff.

Camp, Tomlin and Pilkington told they can leave Cardiff.

Re: Camp, Tomlin and Pilkington told they can leave Cardiff.

It is a shame that the only quotes are from the Bristol Post quoting the Mirror - which just asserts the 3 are free to leave without any sources given.

I'm sure it is right though. Camp, Tomlin and Pilks all playing for the u23s against Truro yesterday is as good as a press release by the club.

Isn't that just speculation after the three played for the under 23s? I'd expect Bogle and O'Keefe to be included in that list. We've currently got 29 players, and if you assume we want two more; those 5 and one other will have to make way for us to get down to a 25 man squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Isn't that just speculation after the three played for the under 23s? I'd expect Bogle and O'Keefe to be included in that list. We've currently got 29 players, and if you assume we want two more; those 5 and one other will have to make way for us to get down to a 25 man squad.
    I can see us with a few more senior players than just 25. Inevitably there will be changes needed in January and NW may want to keep some pros in reserve just to keep those in the team on their toes...

I like to thank the Pilks hes been there for us if he does go that is, I heard Tomlin was like Modric against Truro U23 's

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I can see us with a few more senior players than just 25. Inevitably there will be changes needed in January and NW may want to keep some pros in reserve just to keep those in the team on their toes...
    What's the point in keeping people that can't possibly play? I can see Ward going out on loan for example, but the ones not included in the 25 and not allowed to be moved on will have every right to feel a bit put out.

13 apps Tomlin and 6 clubs incl us since 2014 what a joke as I said at the time we signed him for £????
    Ditto Omar Bogle..........

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    13 apps Tomlin and 6 clubs incl us since 2014 what a joke as I said at the time we signed him for £????
    Ditto Omar Bogle..........
    I know, we only got promoted with those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I know, we only got promoted with those two.

I would suggest you substitute the word “with” with “despite”

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I like to thank the Pilks hes been there for us if he does go that is, I heard Tomlin was like Modric against Truro U23 's
    Agree. What a professional. Never moaned, got his head down, trained hard, got a few cameos, scored a few crucial goals. He must’ve had the best minutes to goals ratio in Europe last season!

I don't think either Pilks or Tomlin will have much trouble finding another club.As a freebie alot of championship clubs would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    I would suggest you substitute the word “with” with “despite”
    We went up by one point, like it or not Tomlin was responsible for one of those against Reading

25 senior pros is more than enough, especially as they can be supplemented by under 21s

What would be the point just keeping players who definitely can't play, you'd also have to question the mentality of a player happy to do that

International

I think this is quite obvious. to keep a squad of 25 you need more, and they names can change in the transfer window mid-season. I think also that the squad 25 don't apply for cup matches so you still need more.

also the rule about under 23 yr olds or what ever it is might mean you can have a squad of actually more than 25.
    no one ever said a club is only permitted 25 adult professionals on its books.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We went up by one point, like it or not Tomlin was responsible for one of those against Reading
    It's sad a man of his talent has wasted a chance to prove himself .

He's probaly happy applying his trade in the Championship, he will never be poor .

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think this is quite obvious. to keep a squad of 25 you need more, and they names can change in the transfer window mid-season. I think also that the squad 25 don't apply for cup matches so you still need more.

also the rule about under 23 yr olds or what ever it is might mean you can have a squad of actually more than 25.
    no one ever said a club is only permitted 25 adult professionals on its books.
    Of course we can have more but we'd certainly be looking to get anyone who won't be in the 25 out on loan, it would be pointless having them twiddle their thumbs here for four months. Some teams name less than 25 but there's no point in having more at the club if you can only name 25.