Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
Bit concerned reading bits and bobs that we are in for two more players - a striker and a midfielder.

I personally thought right back was one of the positions we needed to strengthen the most. Manga isn't a right back, Peltier is probably the best out of the 3 of them defensively but not PL standard and you need a bit more going forward at that level, Jazz Richards not good enough and injuries meant he played 6 championship games last season. The signings so far had been decent but if we end up with just two more players - one of which is Grujic - it'd be a bit underwhelming as that defence will get ripped apart.

I also think we need a CB. Talk of Chester to Stoke for 5m due to Villa's financial problems, I'm not a huge fan of us being linked with every Welsh player going but he's PL quality and we should definitely be in for him if that fee is true.
The only thing about Jazz Richards that concerns me is his injury record,I thought he looked really accomplished in the games he played and at Premier league level I think he’s got the ability to stand out,I just think the fact he’s an ex Jack is always going to cloud some people’s opinion of him.