+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Centre Forward rumour for you ....

Centre Forward rumour for you ....

(from the local Midlands source)

Jonathan Kodjia from Villa. Starting price £12M. City want to loan, Villa want to sell.

My alternate view >> Newcastle will sign Kodjia as Bournemouth are p!ssing them off over Josh King >> frees up Dwight Gayle for the loan deal to City (again!)

Re: Centre Forward rumour for you ....

Certainly a merry go round, Des.
    Think Warnock will want team settled before starting of season.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Certainly a merry go round, Des.
    Think Warnock will want team settled before starting of season.
    The transfer window closes before the start of the season this year so he has to really

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The transfer window closes before the start of the season this year so he has to really
    I understand that but I was really referring to loans. Am I right or wrong that loans can still happen till end of August?

I understand that but I was really referring to loans. Am I right or wrong that loans can still happen till end of August?
    Nope, all loans have to be sorted before the window closes on August 9.

Scratch my comments about Kodjia to Newcastle. My inside West Brom man seems to think Rondon to Newcastle is well advanced for a fee in excess of £15M.

Therefore I guess the local speculation about Kodjia & my speculation about Gayle are still possibilities.

It also seems that Matt Ritchie to Sjoke is a possibility, if so they're really pushing the £'s. They're going back with a 2nd bid for Chester as well, seems like £8m will get him!

Villa are not in a position to dictate - if City really want Kodjia, I think they are in a great position to get him but it may all drag on until the end of the window as Villa hang on hoping someone will buy him permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Nope, all loans have to be sorted before the window closes on August 9.
    Done some checking. Seems Premiership
    Clubs can loan and sell out till 31 August but not transfer in.

Only to teams abroad I think

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Villa are not in a position to dictate - if City really want Kodjia, I think they are in a great position to get him but it may all drag on until the end of the window as Villa hang on hoping someone will buy him permanently.
    Think Warnock always liked Kodjia so that might be a runner.
    Still think we need another midfield even if Grujic signs.

We can only buy until the Thursday before the season starts. EFL have followed suit, we can sell players whenever anyone can buy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    (from the local Midlands source)

Jonathan Kodjia from Villa. Starting price £12M. City want to loan, Villa want to sell.

My alternate view >> Newcastle will sign Kodjia as Bournemouth are p!ssing them off over Josh King >> frees up Dwight Gayle for the loan deal to City (again!)
    I wouldnt want Gayle thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    I wouldnt want Gayle thanks
    Don't tell me, tell NW. Seems he liked him at Palace and he's near the top of NW's list. Would have been more advanced by now if the saga between Bournemouth & Newcastle over Josh King & Matt Ritchie had been resolved but it seems that Bournemouth want too much for Newcastle who are now looking at Rondon (or Kodjia).

They’re all great players but out of everyone linked I think Rondon would work in this system best

By the way, before anyone jumps down my throat, I don't have or claim to have any inside knowledge on City (not since the Dave Jones days). My speculation comes from 1 of 3 people who are exployed within football, 2 at (now) Championship clubs, 1 at St.Georges there are a handful of people on this board who can verify that if necessary. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise which clubs as they tend to get mentioned somewhere in my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    By the way, before anyone jumps down my throat, I don't have or claim to have any inside knowledge on City (not since the Dave Jones days). My speculation comes from 1 of 3 people who are exployed within football, 2 at (now) Championship clubs, 1 at St.Georges there are a handful of people on this board who can verify that if necessary. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise which clubs as they tend to get mentioned somewhere in my posts.
    No Des we take your suggestions far more seriously than those of the fans lEaDer.

No chance of King then ?

He’s the best of that lot.

Kodija is talented, but I’d be worried about injuries.

Gayle, good player, but a diver and I’m dubious about his attitude.

At his best Zohore is better than those 2, but not King IMHO who is a real talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    No chance of King then ?

At his best Zohore is better than those 2, but not King IMHO who is a real talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    No chance of King then ?

I don't know what the score is with King, he was nailed on to go to Newcastle but Ritchie going the other way turned sour. Ritchie could well be going to Stoke, so Newcastle have turned their attention elsewhere, looks like Rondon. Bournemouth were moving Arter & Gosling out to make room for Brookes & Ritchie, which is currently on hold. Shows how it can be a domino effect, 1 move triggers others.