+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: St Austell v Cardiff City u23s

St Austell v Cardiff City u23s

U23 | TEAM NEWS - @CardiffCityFC XI: Murphy, Trialist [2], Trialist [3], Evans, Brown, Bodenham, Healey, Waite, Pilkington, Tomlin, Trialist [11].

Subs: Wootton, Hall, Veale, Coxe, Shaw, P. McKay.

Re: St Austell v Cardiff City u23s

Pilks and Tomlin not seen as part of the first team squad (nor Camp).

Healey (and maybe M Harris and Coxe) keeping fit until the loan move is sorted.

Not sure what is happening with Omar Bogle. He hasn't been relegated to the u23s (yet) but wasn't involved against Tavistock.

There looks to be potential for a lot of movement out before the start of the season.
    Hopefully Loramski will need to take on extra staff in the Loanwatch Department of Velikonja House very soon.

2-0.

2-2
    Two goals for City in the 45th minute! 30 yarder from Healey and an own goal.

3-2 City

I cant get to sleep , who won , who scored.

Healey again. I still think he has potential but if he's not going to make our squad, I'd like to see him getting a season's loan at Cewnty.

Its 2 - 4 phew can get off now.😑

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Healey again. I still think he has potential but if he's not going to make our squad, I'd like to see him getting a season's loan at Cewnty.
    I'd like to see him try and have a go at a team of League One quality.
    A nice loan to Swansea will do.

Not sure entirely how this under 23 squad lark works, but would it make sense to keep him in the squad of 30 as an underage player? In case of injuries.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Not sure entirely how this under 23 squad lark works, but would it make sense to keep him in the squad of 30 as an underage player? In case of injuries.
    "underage" players are 21 and under. Also it's a 25-man squad in the Premier League.

I realise it's a 25 man squad but I am sure I read somewhere that Warnock is looking at a total squad of 30, which I guess would mean 5 underage players...is it 21 or 23? Which could mean Healey staying. Just a thought.

Yes, quite right, it is under 21 for extra players. So that rules Healey out. Hope he gets a good loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    There looks to be potential for a lot of movement out before the start of the season.
    Hopefully Loramski will need to take on extra staff in the Loanwatch Department of Velikonja House very soon.
    If you're ever going past there, drop your CV off at the desk and I'll have a look at taking you on. I've always been impressed with those DVP match reports that TOBW writes up for you.

It'll be an interesting couple of weeks coming up to see who makes the 25 man squad and who we can get out on loan. We may be in a bit of a Catch 22 with the youngsters. I'm sure Warnock would rather they were out on loan than playing under-23 stuff but, as JC mentions in this thread, he's going to want the better ones to remain at the club as cover in which case someone like Coxe could spend another year without gaining any first team experience. Hopefully the under 23 set-up will be better organised than last season, it'll be hard for any of the youngsters to push on if it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Pilks and Tomlin not seen as part of the first team squad (nor Camp).

Healey (and maybe M Harris and Coxe) keeping fit until the loan move is sorted.

Not sure what is happening with Omar Bogle. He hasn't been relegated to the u23s (yet) but wasn't involved against Tavistock.
    Where is M Harris? Didn’t see his name on team sheet .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Where is M Harris? Didn’t see his name on team sheet .
    He played at Taffs Well and at Truro on Sunday, it might be that he'll be involved in tonight's match or perhaps he's got a knock - it may even be that there's been a loan arranged for him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He played at Taffs Well and at Truro on Sunday, it might be that he'll be involved in tonight's match or perhaps he's got a knock - it may even be that there's been a loan arranged for him.
    Picked up an injury on Sunday against Truro, no idea how bad it is. Heavy limp going off the pitch though.