+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: May's government finds a way to go even lower

May's government finds a way to go even lower

Informal pairing agreement between recent sprog bearer Swinson and Brandon Lewis broken for the key vote today.

Thankfully as party chairman Brandon Lewis will now do a full and thorough investigation

https://twitter.com/BrandonLewis/sta...21987225804804

Re: May's government finds a way to go even lower

Bloody hell, desperate measures, for desperate times

The lie has collapsed so the chief whip must be gone and Lewis too for lying about it being an honest mistake. Won't hold my breath though.

Likelihood is leadsom lied in the commons too and if it can be proven that she knew the truth she should be a gonner too.

Fair play to the two who were told to break the agreement but didnt, although why didnt they report it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Informal pairing agreement between recent sprog bearer Swinson and Brandon Lewis broken for the key vote today.

Thankfully as party chairman Brandon Lewis will now do a full and thorough investigation

https://twitter.com/BrandonLewis/sta...21987225804804
    Is this the same Jo Swinson that was well enough to go on the anti-Trump demonstrations last week? But not well enough to go to the House of Commons to vote?

Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Is this the same Jo Swinson that was well enough to go on the anti-Trump demonstrations last week? But not well enough to go to the House of Commons to vote?

Just wondering.
    She isn't ill, she is on maternity leave. I would have thought she is free to do what she wants during her free time.

What do you make of the tory chairman insisting that it was an honest mistake when it has since become clear that he was lying through his teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    She isn't ill, she is on maternity leave. I would have thought she is free to do what she wants during her free time.

What do you make of the tory chairman insisting that it was an honest mistake when it has since become clear that he was lying through his teeth?
    If she was well enough to attend an anti-Trump protest, she was quite well enough to attend a very important vote in 5he House of Commons, maternity leave or not.

Just wondering.
    Wow

Until the bitter end

Wow indeed. The hypocrisy is incredible, isn’t it?

If she was well enough to attend an anti-Trump protest, she was quite well enough to attend a very important vote in 5he House of Commons, maternity leave or not.
    Shall we just abolish maternity/paternity leave altogether? What's the point of it, they are well enough to attend work.

They made a clear and documented agreement and broke it, inexcusable. The other two Tories who were asked to do it decided it was beneath them, interesting that you think it is okay.

Shall we just abolish maternity/paternity leave altogether? What's the point of it, they are well enough to attend work.

They made a clear and documented agreement and broke it, inexcusable. The other two Tories who were asked to do it decided it was beneath them, interesting that you think it is okay.
    I have not suggested it was ok at all. It wasn’t - please don’t put words in my mouth.

But if the vote was that vital then surely, after being able to attend a political event of no consequence whatsoever, the previous week, she could have made the trip to Westminster to vote.

I have not suggested it was ok at all. It wasn’t - please don’t put words in my mouth.

But if the vote was that vital then surely, after being able to attend a political event of no consequence whatsoever, the previous week, she could have made the trip to Westminster to vote.
    Brandon Lewis hadn't agreed to attend the Trump march in her absence.

She made an agreement and didn't conceive that the chairman of the Conservative party would break it. It sounds like you are saying 'never trust a Tory' in a roundabout way, we have gone in full circle on this forum now.

Brandon Lewis hadn't agreed to attend the Trump march in her absence.

She made an agreement and didn't conceive that the chairman of the Conservative party would break it. It sounds like you are saying 'never trust a Tory' in a roundabout way, we have gone in full circle on this forum now.
    You’re talking shit as always Eric.

What has Lewis and Trump March got to do with anything.

By the way, the criticism is not mine, it is from a female Labour MP.

That's odd, those words look like your own not that batshit crazy Hoey woman

That's odd, those words look like your own not that batshit crazy Hoey woman
    No, it was Hoey.

No, it was Hoey.
    So you don't think Swinson was out of order in p[airing with Lewis?

No.

By the way, the criticism is not mine, it is from a female Labour MP.
    Let me guess who

You’re talking shit as always Eric.

What has Lewis and Trump March got to do with anything.
    Well that isn't very civil and there's me thinking you were a nice guy.

Well that isn't very civil and there's me thinking you were a nice guy.
    I’m a nice guy, Eric, now answer my post in the housing thread below.

No.
    Now that we've cleared that up, what did you make of the chief whip's and the party chairman's behaviour?

Good to see many Toriy mp’s are disgusted by Smith and Lewis. Symptomatic of a rotten Govt that need to come to an end very soon.