+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flex tickets - are they worth it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Flex tickets - are they worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    I dislike the term “plastics “

These kind of fans are the very fans the club are targeting and they may turn into long term supporters.

In my very first season watching City I tended to pick games as and when as I was a schoolboy. That’s how most fans start and then hopefully get the bug.

It’s not as if we have sold out and I assume these fans are paying higher prices per match than the season ticket holders.
    There may be some of these, but most are Liverpool, Man Utd et al armchair supporters who want to see those teams play and have no interest in City. I feel sad for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    There may be some of these, but most are Liverpool, Man Utd et al armchair supporters who want to see those teams play and have no interest in City. I feel sad for them.
    And in the meantime are paying to get into the ground, possibly paying for refreshments or merchandise as well. All helping the club financially. Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    How do you know that though?

Even if that is the reason , it’s the same and every club isn’t it ?

Middlesbrough is an example

http://european-football-statistics....nclub/midd.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    How do you know that though?

Even if that is the reason , it’s the same and every club isn’t it ?

Middlesbrough is an example

http://european-football-statistics....nclub/midd.htm
    Great website. I'll be getting all the info I can from it!

I was looking at this last season. In recent times, the clubs whose attendances have been barely affected by relegation include Newcastle, Villa and Norwich. QPR's was to a lesser extent than normal, but that's down to their ground capacity. Derby and Forest have maintained similar attendances. Sheffield Wednesday's crowds went up as a result of dropping to League 1 in 2003! Yet other clubs who have spent seasons struggling away in the bottom divisions have tended to see their crowds yo-yo.