+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flex tickets - are they worth it?

Flex tickets - are they worth it?

Unless I'm reading it wrong it's less than £15 difference between that and buying 5 tickets separately. If that's the case they're not worth it.

Re: Flex tickets - are they worth it?

I thought the same. Do they give you any sort of priority ?

Flex packages start from £120 for an adult in Zone 4 – just £24 per game. That’s a total saving of £27 against two Category A, two Category B and one Category C matches.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...match-bundles/

Seems a pretty good deal to me.

I think it's a good idea for those not committed ,and not buying a season ticket . They are probaly just wanting big game time moments , not that dedicated ( maybe some at genuine , and can't get to all games) So yes good value, and they should really pay more .

I've had 6 enquiries about getting tickets for folk who would never discuss anything Cardiff City .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think it's a good idea for those not committed ,and not buying a season ticket . They are probaly just wanting big game time moments , not that dedicated ( maybe some at genuine , and can't get to all games) So yes good value, and they should really pay more .

I've had 6 enquiries about getting tickets for folk who would never discuss anything Cardiff City .
    I hope you told them to bog off 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    I hope you told them to bog off 😆
    I did indeed, plastic glory hunting bunts, some have no shame, one chap hasn't spoken to me for 7 years and randomly decided to message me .I sometimes wonder how they muster the guile.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I did indeed, plastic glory hunting bunts, some have no shame, one chap hasn't spoken to me for 7 years and randomly decided to message me .I sometimes wonder how they muster the guile.
    I dislike the term “plastics “

These kind of fans are the very fans the club are targeting and they may turn into long term supporters.

In my very first season watching City I tended to pick games as and when as I was a schoolboy. That’s how most fans start and then hopefully get the bug.

It’s not as if we have sold out and I assume these fans are paying higher prices per match than the season ticket holders.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post

These kind of fans are the very fans the club are targeting and they may turn into long term supporters.

In my very first season watching City I tended to pick games as and when as I was a schoolboy. That’s how most fans start and then hopefully get the bug.

It’s not as if we have sold out and I assume these fans are paying higher prices per match than the season ticket holders.
    100% agree. The likelihood is that most won't become long-term, loyal fans, but if some do as a result, then brilliant!

The irony is as to what type of fan people think is going to fill up the stadium. If only the regulars purchased tickets the stadium would be a third empty.

There may be some of these, but most are Liverpool, Man Utd et al armchair supporters who want to see those teams play and have no interest in City. I feel sad for them.

There may be some of these, but most are Liverpool, Man Utd et al armchair supporters who want to see those teams play and have no interest in City. I feel sad for them.
    And in the meantime are paying to get into the ground, possibly paying for refreshments or merchandise as well. All helping the club financially. Sounds good to me.

How do you know that though?

Even if that is the reason , it’s the same and every club isn’t it ?

Middlesbrough is an example

http://european-football-statistics....nclub/midd.htm

How do you know that though?

Even if that is the reason , it’s the same and every club isn’t it ?

Middlesbrough is an example

http://european-football-statistics....nclub/midd.htm
    Great website. I'll be getting all the info I can from it!

I was looking at this last season. In recent times, the clubs whose attendances have been barely affected by relegation include Newcastle, Villa and Norwich. QPR's was to a lesser extent than normal, but that's down to their ground capacity. Derby and Forest have maintained similar attendances. Sheffield Wednesday's crowds went up as a result of dropping to League 1 in 2003! Yet other clubs who have spent seasons struggling away in the bottom divisions have tended to see their crowds yo-yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    100% agree. The likelihood is that most won't become long-term, loyal fans, but if some do as a result, then brilliant!
    That is a fair point, of the severn approaches I have had perhaps a slight chance of one , but very slight , I would openly and have called them plastics , strangely they spent lots of money on Wales Football and Rugby games, and sporting subscription channels ,not short of money or time to go to the games , best to call them " sporting glory hunters/ followers"" , they are not Cardiff City fans and never will be , although born in Cardifff , they live and breath in a parallel sporting intrest void to real Bluebirds , the difference is we live band breath ,dont mind making the walking effort to go and really belong .

I'm sure there will be the odd exception , I hope so as 30 plus rocked up for Man Shouty game , that must have exhausted them being of the TV sofa .

Just to get some balance into the argument there are many fans like myself, lifelong fans, who are unable to get to games regularly. Could be distance, family, ill health.
    I had my first City game in the late 50s. Was season ticket holder for many years.
    We are no plastics.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Just to get some balance into the argument there are many fans like myself, lifelong fans, who are unable to get to games regularly. Could be distance, family, ill health.
    I had my first City game in the late 50s. Was season ticket holder for many years.
    We are no plastics.
    Well said. Shift workers too.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Unless I'm reading it wrong it's less than £15 difference between that and buying 5 tickets separately. If that's the case they're not worth it.
    I’m not a season ticket holder but will go to a fair number of homes as well as aways. Would’ve got this flexi thing but you can’t redeem it online - i’d therefore have to the ground which isn’t feasible

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Well said. Shift workers too.
    I meant to add work commitments which, coupled with distance buggered me completely for years.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I’m not a season ticket holder but will go to a fair number of homes as well as aways. Would’ve got this flexi thing but you can’t redeem it online - i’d therefore have to the ground which isn’t feasible
    I think, indeed hope, you're wrong. Flex tickets can be redeemed by phone.
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...match-bundles/

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Ain't you got a mate in Cardiff ???

I remember the tw*t in my street supporting Liverpool when we played them at Wembley, laughing the next day saying he was glad city lost. The c*nt has bought a season ticket for next season just to see the big clubs play, f*cking arsehole.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    I remember the tw*t in my street supporting Liverpool when we played them at Wembley, laughing the next day saying he was glad city lost. The c*nt has bought a season ticket for next season just to see the big clubs play, f*cking arsehole.
    Yeah he's the sort of arsehole the club should tell to get lost. If only they had prior proof.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You come over as desperate at times, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You come over as desperate at times, Tony
    I asked this question, when they came out first !

Shirley, he/she knows someone who could organize his/her life.

I held two last season, for lads who live up north. oh and wasn't it a chore to drag myself 5 miles down to the CCS ticket office to pick up their match tickets NOT !!!!

Isn't there a flexi plus as well, that incorporates away tickets. ????

I asked this question, when they came out first !

Shirley, he/she knows someone who could organize his/her life.

I held two last season, for lads who live up north. oh and wasn't it a chore to drag myself 5 miles down to the CCS ticket office to pick up their match tickets NOT !!!!

Isn't there a flexi plus as well, that incorporates away tickets. ????
    You need to slow down Sunshine 😊